Skyactiv Engines have proven to be bulletproof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Silverado12
Scotty Kilmer doesn't like Mazda, but he doesn't like Chrysler either.

He's also absolutely clueless and things Mazda uses Ford parts, lol!

I have had my eye on the Mazda Skyactiv engine technology and am very happy to hear the testimonials. Reliability, efficiency, sporty performance... best of all worlds. Can't wait to see what they come up with next!

You really can't go wrong with a Mazda nowadays. Reliable, handsome in and out, fuel efficient vehicles.

I would consider a Mazda for our next vehicle with 2 reservations. 1) Cylinder deactivation 2) Low brand loyalty...could this be due to a limited product line or dealer dissatisfaction? What say you Mazda owners?

I would consider a Mazda for our next vehicle with 2 reservations. 1) Cylinder deactivation 2) Low brand loyalty...could this be due to a limited product line or dealer dissatisfaction? What say you Mazda owners?

Originally Posted by Aichiguy

Maybe your location ? Not too many Mazda's around?

On the west coast they are everywhere. As for dealers that is something they need to work on. My limited experience with the dealer I use has been positive so far.

1)Don't get one with cylinder deactivation
2) The brand loyalty lists I've seen don't seem to reflect quality at all. For example, FCA products typically do well.

I've had 3 Mazdas (maybe a 4th on the way).

2007 Mazda6 2.3L. Still have it. Love it. It's a 5sp manual. Wife let's me maintain it but not drive it. 140,000 miles. At 100,000 miles it needed an O2 sensor. No other issues at all. Handles like a race car.

2009 Mazda6 2.5L. Had it for 65,000 miles. My daily car. 6sp Manual. Not a single problem. Sold it after 4 years -needed a pickup truck.

2018 Mazda3 2.5L. 1 year old next month. My daily driver. Love it! Get's 35MPG on a regular basis. Auto trans, very smooth! I'm taking it to the track in a couple weeks. Probably the most fun car I've ever had. Flawless performance so far.

???? Mazda6 2.5T. Currently negotiating a "Signature Series" model. I might also consider the Mazda3 with the Skyactive-X engine. We'll see.

Prior to this, I've owned about 5 or 6 new vehicles since 1980 all Toyotas. They were good cars too -but boring compared to Mazda.

Ray

If my Civic ever dies on me I think I'd probably go for an older Mazda3 with the Skyactiv engine (a 2012 or 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back