Anyone changed oil in 2019 altima

Trying to find some info there is one video on YouTube and it scares me to think this car may need to be in a shop for oil changed I cant not change my own oil. It seems as though there is a large door that needs 3 feet or more of clearance to swing down and doesn't come off which means I wouldn't be able to do this at home hopefully someone on here has some info or done it also trying Altima forums I really hope Nissan didn't design it how it seems and there is a way around this
smirk.gif

It sounds like you are talking about some sort of under tray. It's likely held in with bolt and clips. From your description it may slot in on one side. It's not likely it has a hinge and should come off the car with a tug once all fasteners are removed.

But this is all speculation based on prior knowledge as i dont have a 2019 altima.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ccapital83
Trying to find some info there is one video on YouTube and it scares me to think this car may need to be in a shop for oil changed I cant not change my own oil. It seems as though there is a large door that needs 3 feet or more of clearance to swing down and doesn't come off which means I wouldn't be able to do this at home hopefully someone on here has some info or done it also trying Altima forums I really hope Nissan didn't design it how it seems and there is a way around this
smirk.gif

Yeah, plastic undercarriage shield. Take few clips out then it's easy. Having the convenience of a lift is nice
smile.gif

This is part of why I choose to have a new car put on a lift before contemplating purcahse. I don't want a car I can't work on myself.

Originally Posted by JoelB
It sounds like you are talking about some sort of under tray. It's likely held in with bolt and clips. From your description it may slot in on one side. It's not likely it has a hinge and should come off the car with a tug once all fasteners are removed.

But this is all speculation based on prior knowledge as i dont have a 2019 altima.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Try inquiring with your local Nissan service manager. Nissan/Infiniti splash shields typically allow limited access to the drain plug and filter without removing the entire shield.

Last edited:
first of all thanks so much for all your replies! Second yeah it is a plastic undercarriage but it seems as though it cant actually be removed like any other car I owned
frown.gif
Mazdamonky) Yup from now on I will be doing that live and learn right
smile.gif

Surely they didn't attach it with a permanent hinge. It;s likely designed it so you have to lift / push / pull to disconnect the 'hinge', so it will stay on if you prefer it to.

Originally Posted by Chris142
There looks like a removable part near the oil filter.
Yeap, definitely looks like a full-length rectangular 'door' right in line with the filter and drain plug. On the end towards the front bumper, it looks like you slide a male 'tab' into a slot. Presumably the opposite end is similar. If it's hinged like the main undercover, you'll have the same predicament though.

I took the oil drain door off of my Subaru and put it in a bag with all the clips and labeled it. If I need it, I have it. Same with the underbody plastic that runs halfway through the car. I don't think it will slow down any corrosion, so I don't think I need to put it back on. I've noticed no difference in gas mileage.

It seems as though there is a large door that needs 3 feet or more of clearance to swing down and doesn't come off...

Appears that you didn't check the owner's manual....

Removal of undercover
1. Remove pins (A) and undercover

There's (8) pins. Page 8-11 in the manual.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
It seems as though there is a large door that needs 3 feet or more of clearance to swing down and doesn't come off...

Appears that you didn't check the owner's manual....

Removal of undercover
1. Remove pins (A) and undercover

There's (8) pins. Page 8-11 in the manual.

I did actually that explains what I said originally those pins it says to remove allow it to swing open not fully come off.

You sure you can't slide it left or right off of the hinge pins after you remove those ?

Check what you can do with full-length rectangular section too. It might be the alternative for DIYers.

SawzAll ... j/k. I bet the whole piece comes off without too much difficulty.

I suppose the engine bay is going to stay a bit cleaner with that belly pan in place, but that setup sucks.

I'd hate to cut holes in it given the whole thing has that sound/oil absorbent matting attached. You'd have to go through the mat, which is going to leave frayed ends and cause it to come apart I'd think.

You could get creative with your own access hole to just the filter and drain plug area and throw a Fumoto drain valve on it with the hose barb.

I guess with it up on a set of ramps, removal of the cover isn't the worst thing. I'd hate the thought of oil change places or shiddy shops touching it though.

Back