Anything Better than WeatherTech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. More than I wanted to spend now that I see them again... I have the all-weather Infiniti mats so it wasn't a must-have for me either.

weather-tech is usually the most costly. i like husky, especially in a truck + maxliners are similarly fit like weather-tech but cheaper. got a maxliner for girlfriends 18 Kia optima's trunk, good fit + better price

Had the Front and Rear Floorliner set for my sable(now in mom's Taurus) and I really did like them. but when it came time to get something for the C-max, I couldn't justify the $250-ish for the Front/Rear/ and Cargo.
Instead I Spent $50 on a "universal" set of Motortrend branded mats on amazon.
I did have to trim them, but it wasn't that much of a faff...

so far...so good...I'll re evaluate after a winter or 2...

I have given several WT's out for Christmas … well received. However, name ain't Gates … they got front mats …
The dealership (ordered) mats in our Tahoe are the best ever … the aftermarket guy was right …

I immediately ordered the Weathertech floor liners and trunk mat for the Sonata the day after I bought it.

Trunk Mat is great.

Floor liners, so-so. I'm glad I replaced the OEM carpet mats but the fit is a bit sloppy. My main complaint is that the button they molded into the liner to go over the anchor for the OEM mats is a little too big so the liner slides forward a bit. Not a big deal but I was expecting tighter tolerances.

Last edited:
I really like my OEM Mazda flood mats. They are 3D Maxpider, and fit amazingly. They cover the dead-pedal and you could literally spill a 2L coke on them and it would hold it all (except the holes for the pegs that hold it).

I have WeatherTech digital floor liners in all my vehicles except for my Toyota Tundra. For some the WeatherTech digital floor liner mat for the passenger side would fall out every time someone got in or out of the vehicle. I sent them back to WT and ended up with the 3D Maxpider mats. These mats do not move and appear to be good quality. I've had them for a few years with no complaints

We just recently got the Husky branded floor liners for our Taurus cars. I liked the Husky over the WT because the Husky actually had a lip which covered the sill plate, whereas the WT did not. So it was a better "fit" with more carpet coverage.

That being said, I think both are quality products. It was just a tiny bit "better" in our opinion for the Husky for our application. That may or may not be true in some other application.

Not sure who made them (plain box, but had made in USA) but the dealer mats had that lip and that lets you use a whisk broom and not have to vacuum unless you want too.

Whenever I get a new vehicle the first accessory I buy is Husky mats. I've had WeatherTech and various OEM all weather mats, and Husky's are more pliable and stay put better than any of them. Can't say that I've tried TuxMat though.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Looking to get a cargo liner and front seat floor mats for my GX470. I am under the impression that Weather Tech is the best. What is your opinion?

Like said, it varies greatly based on the make/model of vehicle. Best bet is to check a forum specific to a GX470 to see what they like.

I've owned multiple sets of WTs and Huskys over the years. Bought a set of Oedro mats for my Ram and totally love them for as inexpensive as they were. I'd recommend Oedro, although their product line is limited to a few make/models currently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back