MSD COILS FOR HONDA V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a customer come in at work with RED COILS on his 2001 Honda Accord V6.
He had me test his battery and I noticed they were MSD.. I asked him if they came with the car if he bought them.

Does anyone have any experience with MSD Coils and or MSD Coils with MSD Coils with Hondas

[Linked Image]

Curious on this as well. Looks like MSD is part of Holley. MSD ignition boxes used to have a great rep in the domestic performance circles and seems they are late getting into import market.

Wonder if MSD is as good as it used to be or is another Optima Battery where they took a great product and cheapened it through less quality materials and workmanship.

Their stuff is fine. Not sure what the owner was trying to do by upgrading to the MSD ones.
I have their plug wires on the 3 of my cars.
There are LS guys who have used then and see no change in performance. Maybe they were cheaper than stock?

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Maybe they were cheaper than stock?

Yes, the oem wires are very expensive for some reason. I didn't notice any difference after I replaced them on a 99 Accord coupe 4cyl I had. Which is the same generation. If this is an Accord coupe a lot of younger owners like to hot rod them up and add color to the engine bay. Along with some other mods. The auto trans in the V6 of this gen is the weak point in an otherwise good car.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Yes, the oem wires are very expensive for some reason. ...... The auto trans in the V6 of this gen is the weak point in an otherwise good car.

Thanks. I'll keep these in mind if I have to replace mine.

And that's why I bought my Accord V6 with the manual transmission. I guess I'm old school. I keep my cars for a long time and I don't trust automatics.

How did you get a Honda Accord with a V6 with a stickshift??? I have seen you tube videos where people had to do some work and convert them over from Automatic to Manual.. Im wondering if you bought yours new from factory and ordered it with a stickshift? Or did you buy it used and it came that way? Or did you convert it?

I would love to have mine converted to a stick shift.....

Originally Posted by David1
How did you get a Honda Accord with a V6 with a stickshift??? I have seen you tube videos where people had to do some work and convert them over from Automatic to Manual.. Im wondering if you bought yours new from factory and ordered it with a stickshift? Or did you buy it used and it came that way? Or did you convert it?

Coupes were available with manual transmissions.

Originally Posted by nthach
And you can still get the new Accord with a 6-speed, as long as it's an EX or above.

Nope. 6 speed is on the Sport model only. The J-Series is also dead to Honda Cars. Carries on in the Suv's/Trucks but all Accords are a 4 cylinder.

Originally Posted by ctechbob
Originally Posted by David1

Coupes were available with manual transmissions.

OHHH Thats cool..... I mostly see Sedans...
what year is yours?

How many miles? Are you on your first clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back