Rotella Truck Gasoline oil in sedan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might find yourself just inches from the rear of another vehicle when they are doing the speed limit

Originally Posted by 4WD
You might find yourself just inches from the rear of another vehicle when they are doing the speed limit

lol.gif

Right ? Even a radio host was just talking about how guys in pickups do that …

Back to oil, should be fine and it comes in Dexos flavors

Originally Posted by Whammo
Would anything bad happen if you used this oil in a passenger car at the correct grade (5w30)?

How would "this oil" know it's being used in a passenger car engine as opposed to being used in a truck or SUV engine?

You will feel an urge to install truck nuts and listen to country music.
I hate both of those things so that would be bad.
I personally will make sure to stick to passenger car oil so that I can live with my self and my choices.

Originally Posted by 4WD

...‚

Originally Posted by pdxglocker9mm
You will feel an urge to install truck nuts and listen to country music.
I hate both of those things so that would be bad.
I personally will make sure to stick to passenger car oil so that I can live with my self and my choices.

...‚

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Right ? Even a radio host was just talking about how guys in pickups do that …

Back to oil, should be fine and it comes in Dexos flavors

Happened to me today and I was actually doing 5mph over the posted limit. I was like, tailgating me ain't gonna get me going any faster pal... and if you rear end me, I'm buying a new boat on your insurers dime because it's all on (rear) video cam....

(seems a lot of people haven't quite figured out that there's a good chance their driving is being recorded)

Last edited:
Some engines like the 3.6L Pentastar engine is used in cars, mini vans, PUs, and SUVs. It isn't going to matter a bit.

Would anything bad happen if you used this oil in a passenger car at the correct grade (5w30)?

No. I'm using something for even bigger trucks in my G37.
wink.gif

Does using Rotella meant for eighteen wheelers cause your car to drive and pass other vehicles very slowly in the left lane ??
lol.gif

Last edited:

What oil approval, specification or license does your vehicle require? Does this oil have that? If it does then use it. If it doesn't then don't. That was easy wasn't it?

I wonder how long this is going to last until the plug is pulled.

Originally Posted by Red91
Why did you even start this thread?

Because the other goofy threads got thoroughly beat down and it was time for a new one.

Originally Posted by 4WD

lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I know, right ?!?!?! Where do all those morons come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back