GMC Yukon 70K Mile failures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Company vehicle
2017 GMC Yukon Denali needed sensors replaced in
Tranny, both rear shocks seized and OnStar reprogrammed with antenna replaced
$4800 bucks
Lots of money for a 2 year old vehicle !

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
How many miles? Those parts must have been made of GMC GOLD!

Rear shocks $950 bucks each

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
How many miles? Those parts must have been made of GMC GOLD!

Rear shocks $950 bucks each

I was going to say, most of that was probably the shocks. Magneride shocks are NOT cheap, and they're very finicky. I have to imagine the Onstar antenna and programming was pretty cheap, maybe a few hundred, so the rest of it was the trans "sensors"? Seems about right. ~$2,500 for shocks and labor, maybe $500 for the OS nonsense, and another $1,800 for the trans, although unless they replaced the entire valve body that seems a bit nuts to me.

Originally Posted by Warstud
What kind of company would buy a Denali ?

The owner

Duh 🤔...³ðŸ¤£

Last edited:

A black car service? Granted, most of them use LT Suburbans and Tahoe's, but some are more upscale. Some clients know the difference.

Originally Posted by kstanf150

The owner

Also a good answer. Posted at the same time!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
No ac condenser ?.....yet!

Not yet
But I'm sure a day is coming soon

We have several GM vehicles in our fleet
There's always something to work on
Our dealers and local mechanics love us !!

Last edited:
I am replacing my antenna on my 2016 Suburban this week. (Due to leaking water) Didn't know it needed to be reprogrammed. Does the reprogramming have to be done at the dealer or is it something I can do on my own?

I thought shocks were a maintenance item? They wear out like tires.

Buy fancy cars, spend lots of money fixing fancy cars.

Yup, that's past warranty. Warranty over here is 3 years/100,000 km (62,000 miles).

The Kuwait Police have been using all-black Denalis are close protection vehicles since they debuted in the early 2000s, and they install all sorts of additional gear, including custom wrap-around all-steel push bars that require three people to lift.

They're used and abused and put away wet, and these guys are pleased with them - then again, they're willing to pay the cost where maintenance is concerned. They're kept until they're scrapped, but that's usually 10 years or so down the line with a ton of miles. Other candidates included the Toyota Land Crusier, Nissan Patrol (Armada in the U.S.) and 5.3L equipped Tahoe/Yukons, but they ended up opting for the SWB Yukon Denali for the 6.2L.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Buy fancy cars, spend lots of money fixing fancy cars.

How true, how true.....

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I thought shocks were a maintenance item? They wear out like tires.

Shocks IMO should (and have for me) lasted a lot longer than 70,000 miles. You are correct they will wear out with enough miles.

Originally Posted by atikovi
With 75 cent gas to boot.

Eh, not quite close. It's $1.34/gallon for Euro II 95 RON, or $2.08/gallon for Euro II 98 RON.

You want Euro V 95 RON, which is what I use, I pay $3.32/gallon. Still beats ~$4.00/gallon back in CA.

Originally Posted by zfasts03
I am replacing my antenna on my 2016 Suburban this week. (Due to leaking water) Didn't know it needed to be reprogrammed. Does the reprogramming have to be done at the dealer or is it something I can do on my own?

No reprogramming required for an antenna change.

Magnaride on a 5,400 lb grocery getter. Seems like a waste for suspension pieces originally designed for sports cars. Too bad can't just slap a normal set of shocks on it. I'm sure the warning lights would be constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back