102K on Plugs - '13 Chevy Cruze LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by nascarnation
They look good. I pulled the plugs on my Caddy v6 at 75,000 miles for the same reason, I was worried about getting them out but no problem and they looked good but I had new ones and figure that second set is gonna be "lifetime".

I had two Cruzes, a 2011 and 2014 and liked them both, plan to buy a used one for my grandson in a couple years. Resale value seems to be poor which I don't understand, they are good cars IMHO. Solid chassis and good fuel econ.

Resale value is wonky for some reason. I have known/met several Cruze owners in the last 3-4 years and everyone of them said they had thoroughly enjoyed theirs with no problems other than typical maintenance items(pads,rotors, tires etc.)

Paid for the original plugs to be changed in my daughter's Cruze. They looked about the same as these. Glad she has a 1.8 engine which hopefully is a bit less troublesome than the 1.4. Replaced by the mechanic with Autolite Iridium XP's, which I guess is OK.

Hmm....my neighbor is thinking about selling his 2012 Cruze, Eco edition with the 1.4T, AT with 140K. Was thinking of maybe buying it for my daughter in a few months. Guess I'd better get to researching. Has that 1.4T engine been troublesome??

Originally Posted by redhat
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Looks good! Looks NGK OEM?

Yes, NGK has been OEM for Delco plugs for quite a while.

Thank I though they looked like

Kabushiki Gaisha

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Hmm....my neighbor is thinking about selling his 2012 Cruze, Eco edition with the 1.4T, AT with 140K. Was thinking of maybe buying it for my daughter in a few months. Guess I'd better get to researching. Has that 1.4T engine been troublesome??

If that's 140,000 kilometers (87,000 miles) I'd say thumbs up.
If it's 140,000 miles, you may have a bunch of stuff that's at the wearout point.

I bought an S10 pickup with 150,000 miles and had to replace a lot of stuff but the body and frame were good and the price was right.

The first gen Cruze is heavy for it's size, drives like a bigger car, yet I always got good fuel econ.
On the 40 mile trip I often take to my daughters house (admittedly perfect conditions 50 mph rural flat roads) I could average 40 mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back