Anything Better than WeatherTech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get a cargo liner and front seat floor mats for my GX470. I am under the impression that Weather Tech is the best. What is your opinion?

I like the Husky softer ones better for feel. Husky Xact countour or something like that.
As far as keeping your floor clean, you just have to check the coverage of each for your vehicle. Sometimes WT has better coverage, sometime Husky has better.

There is also some off brand ones on Amazon that people like as well.

no custom fit.....
frown.gif

I ain't gonna start slicing and dicing....

Last edited:
Depends on the product that weathertech decided to make. The evo's cheap-feeling weathertech front mats actually came up all around the floor so snow, water, etc wouldn't escape. The sides didn't come up for the focus mats though so I got husky liners which were much thicker and felt much more durable than any weathertech product I've seen.

I was in the WeatherTech showroom last week and saw a new product that is thicker and softer than their floorliner product line. My speculation is that they needed the new design to compete with Husky. The thinner and stiffer Floorliners sometimes begin to curl at the edges, as are a couple of mine. They did say to bring them in and they would take a look and possibly replace. The new product looks better and if they had been available I would have bought those instead of the Floorliners. I don't see the new product on their website yet.

Thanks wwilson. Do you remember if those new liners are custom fit?

Originally Posted by Gebo
no custom fit.....
frown.gif

Can you get WeatherTech mats for that vehicle ? I can't get WT or Husky for my '08 G35. Don't know if it's because the car isn't super common or these companies just start phasing out parts as the cars get older.

Originally Posted by wwillson
I was in the WeatherTech showroom last week and saw a new product that is thicker and softer than their floorliner product line. My speculation is that they needed the new design to compete with Husky. The thinner and stiffer Floorliners sometimes begin to curl at the edges, as are a couple of mine. They did say to bring them in and they would take a look and possibly replace. The new product looks better and if they had been available I would have bought those instead of the Floorliners. I don't see the new product on their website yet.

Only available for newer cars. Just called weathertech

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
no custom fit.....
frown.gif

Can you get WeatherTech mats for that vehicle ? I can't get WT or Husky for my '08 G35. Don't know if it's because the car isn't super common or these companies just start phasing out parts as the cars get older.

Yes, I can. That hard plastic sorta reminds me of fingernails on a chalkboard. Ok, Ok, I'm a little off sometimes.

Originally Posted by wwillson

Thanks, that is great news.

Doesn't apply with your vehicle but for my wife's '14 Fusion, I compared the WT mats with Husky and ended up with Husky for (at least) two reasons: 1) Almost $200 for front and rear for WT mats vs $130 for Husky and 2) the Husky mats covered more floor area.

Have you looked for OEM all-weather mats ? They'll be hard to find probably but you might get lucky. At least see what they look like....

Thanks wwilson. Do you remember if those new liners are custom fit?

Yes, they are 'laser fit' like the current floor liners

Originally Posted by Onetor

https://www.tuxmat.com/

Those are really nice! Thanks for postings......[/quote]

Just bought a set of tuxmats for my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They look and feel great.
Bought the front and passenger set, but they didn't have a cargo liner.
Got the weathertech for the cargo liner.

Originally Posted by Danno
Originally Posted by Onetor

https://www.tuxmat.com/

Those are really nice! Thanks for postings......

Just bought a set of tuxmats for my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They look and feel great.
Bought the front and passenger set, but they didn't have a cargo liner.
Got the weathertech for the cargo liner.

Ditto. Bought TuxMat liners for the Alfa, don't regret it at all. Would buy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back