Planning using 5W-20 LiquiMoly for next oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my Jeep 2018 GC, I was planning to use LiquiMoly 5W20 SPECIAL TEC AA for my next oil change, but I heard it's not fully synthetic? is it true? These are the official Technical data that I found on the website.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ad244
Check this out before you go the Liquimoly route:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...56725/is-liquimoly-overrated#Post5156725

So what I understand from this topic is that LiquiMoly is an Ok oil but expensive? I'm not sure about the prices in united states but here I get 6 Liters for 49$ and they offer to give you extra liter as a gift(Limited time offer). If we remove the price factor is it Excellent oil, good or bad?

The only actual "approval" it has is licensed SN+ so if that's what you need then it is fine. Can't you find a cheaper SN+?

Where in Oman do you live?

As LiquiMoly says Synthetic is not always the best in all applications, there are some applications where certain additives are used that emulsify better with petroleum base. LM has nonsynth & semisynth that are good for 40K Km in Europe, so don't worry.

It meets MS-6395 which is the Chrysler spec the engine requires so it will be a good option in your engine. Many non synthetic oils satisfy MS-6395 so I wouldn't worry if it's not 100% synthetic.

Originally Posted by kschachn
The only actual "approval" it has is licensed SN+ so if that's what you need then it is fine. Can't you find a cheaper SN+?

Where in Oman do you live?

I live in Danak but I have several trips to Muscat on a yearly basis.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by donnyj08
It meets MS-6395 which is the Chrysler spec the engine requires so it will be a good option in your engine. Many non synthetic oils satisfy MS-6395 so I wouldn't worry if it's not 100% synthetic.

It feels like Chrysler MS-6395 is not strict at all and they don't mind using Conventional or Synthetic which I find it weird for a 2018 car since most cars are switching for Fully Synthetic. This is why I think that even Mopar 5W20 is not Synthitc at all and it's could be conventional oil too since the bottle doesn't mention anything about Syntihic or semi Synthetic. The only option I have now is the LiqyMoly because 5W20 is not really popular here in the Middle East.

No it does not:
"LIQUI MOLY also recommends this product for vehicles or assemblies for which the following specifications or original part numbers are required:"

That's worse than the boutique blenders that are a little less clear, here they aren't even saying it actually meets the specification.

No it does not:
"LIQUI MOLY also recommends this product for vehicles or assemblies for which the following specifications or original part numbers are required:"

That's worse than the boutique blenders that are a little less clear, here they aren't even saying it actually meets the specification.

Now you have cars with high mileage and I would love to hear your thoughts on which one should I use and why?

No it does not:

You're correct. I missed that.

OP do you have access to any other oils that may be MS-6395 certified?

No it does not:

You're correct. I missed that.

OP do you have access to any other oils that may be MS-6395 certified?

To be honest I searched a lot and I found none. The only two good options that found are either LiqyMoly or Mopar(Shell). That's it. Other than that the other brands are not really well.

I would say use the mopar shell oil in that case.

Can you order other brands from the UAE that may meet the spec?

No, It's not that easy and it's expensive to ship it. Also, a lot of companies there are not trustworthy since they had issues before with fake oils.

If you can get a shell product labeled Mopar rated MS6395 that should be fine for your engine.

If the Liqui Moly is readily available in 5w20 I don't see an issue with using it in that application regardless of having the MS6395 certification.

you could also use a 0w20 synthetic if you can find one. You may be able to use a 0w20 from Toyota or Mazda if you have dealers there which Carry those oils.

I wouldn't touch any oil blended in the Middle East with a 10 foot pole. I can totally see why the OP wishes to stick with European or American alternatives.

Originally Posted by Falcon_LS

I wouldn't touch any oil blended in the Middle East with a 10 foot pole. I can totally see why the OP wishes to stick with European or American alternatives.

I would agree, Oils in the middle east don't go through the check standards process as the ones made by Europe or the USA. Since you are in Kuwait what oils do you have and where do you buy them from?

If you can get a shell product labeled Mopar rated MS6395 that should be fine for your engine.

If the Liqui Moly is readily available in 5w20 I don't see an issue with using it in that application regardless of having the MS6395 certification.

you could also use a 0w20 synthetic if you can find one. You may be able to use a 0w20 from Toyota or Mazda if you have dealers there which Carry those oils.

Mopar have 0W-20 and Control too. I think even Pennzoil has one in some market but I'm not sure if they still have it until this day.

People forget that we still get people from other countries that are not as spoiled for choice as most us in North America are.

I agree with the statements that LiquiMoly is over priced for what it is, but in the OP's case, he will be fine using it.

If not for the name and the panache people assign to the oil for having the "Made in Germany" print on the packaging, most of their retail line would be a middle of the pack oil when compared to more known brands.

Originally Posted by Hootbro
People forget that we still get people from other countries that are not as spoiled for choice as most us in North America are.

I agree with the statements that LiquiMoly is over priced for what it is, but in the OP's case, he will be fine using it.

If not for the name and the panache people assign to the oil for having the "Made in Germany" print on the packaging, most of their retail line would be a middle of the pack oil when compared to more known brands.

Exactly, Thank you for understanding. We don't have that many Engine oils that is made outside Middle East. We are limited to Middle Eastern brands even for example Castrol are made in UAE not Europe. We have a lot of people complaining about using Engine oils that are made in the Middle East saying that they are not high quality oils. So I prefer to use Made in Eruope or USA engine oil over any Middle Eastern Oil. Pennzoil used to sell USA made oils but they stoped because people didnt' but it because of the higher price. In my case I only found these oils that they are imported from western countries.

Pennzoil 10W-30 (Limited Stock) Made in the USA not suited for my car.
Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP, 0W-40, (Available) Made in France but not suited for my car.
LiqyMoly 5W-30, 5W-20, 5W-40 (Available) sutied for my car.

So I'm stuck with either Mopar 5W-20 (Made by shell Oman) or LiquyMoly 5W-20 (Made In Germany), My car ask for 0W-20 but I the dealer recommends to use 5W-20 because of no benefit of the 0 Weight in the Middle East. One option that I found but I'm not sure about it, is the Castrol Edge professional 0W-20 (Which the label says Manufactured in EU) Which made me think that the Castrol factory in the Middle East imported this oil and didn't make it, but I'm not sure about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back