Did VW ever fix the intake manifold issue on the 2.0 TSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the early models of the 2.0 TSI ea888 had issues the the intake manifold flaps failing requiring total intake manifold replacement. This often happened even before 60K miles. Does anybody know if they changed or updated the design to remedy the problem? The only update I know has been done has been the revised timing chain tensioner. Thanks in advance.

The intake has been through several revisions, and the problem should be solved in the later models. I think maybe '08 up came factory with them, many of the failed units should have been replaced by now.

You never know, look how many revisions and years GM went through before they found LIM gaskets that really worked for some engines. Time will tell, no more revisions and no more complaints, they got it.

Originally Posted by gregk24
I know the early models of the 2.0 TSI ea888 had issues the the intake manifold flaps failing requiring total intake manifold replacement. This often happened even before 60K miles. Does anybody know if they changed or updated the design to remedy the problem? The only update I know has been done has been the revised timing chain tensioner. Thanks in advance.

I would not worry about it. Even if it fails, it is like $130.
I think they did several updates so far.

Yes.

todays fast changing technology makes the buyer the beta tester. look at DI + its $$$$ issues many manufacturers are SLOWLY adding port injection along with DI but VW only uses both in europe but not usa because it costs more!

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Yes.

Thanks for the video. Does anybody know when this part was installed in the Tiguan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back