Are these bushings rubber or poly? And what grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a set of these for my stabilzer bar and I can't tell whether they're rubber or polyurethane. Google and manufacturer's website are no use.

Do I need to grease them for installation? What type of grease should I use?

I would use this aluminum oxide grease, 100% waterproof and far better then lithium grease. It is compatible with common cheap yucky lithium grease.
13.gif

https://www.amazon.com/Schaeffer-Ma...d=1563667924&s=industrial&sr=1-2

4 replies, 4 different answers, true to BitOG form :p

If I grease them, can I just use Mobil1 GC-LB synthetic grease I have? Says it's meant for chassis components.

Originally Posted by OCDriver
4 replies, 4 different answers, true to BitOG form :p

If I grease them, can I just use Mobil1 GC-LB synthetic grease I have? Says it's meant for chassis components.
Silicone or AS only, I reckon. Sway bar bushings seem to be prone to creaking. I'm not sure if it's washout that causes it or what.

The stuff I linked to is silicone based with solid lubricants, I have had bushings in cars for many years with the stuff and never had any sort of reaction or noise. It has safe for rubber right on the can.

Not that it matters, but when I investigated brake grease some years ago, I got the impression that the CRC product was a PAO base, not silicone. As long as it works, that is what is important.

Thanks everyone, I went with a dry install since these were rubber bushings. No squeaks or anything, and the clunks are gone!
smile.gif

One follow-up question: the bushings are split so they can just be slipped on around the bar. I made sure the bar is centered and correctly oriented, and positioned the bushings the same as the old ones, but one of the bushings doesn't totally close up. Is this a problem? It doesn't seem to affect performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back