2017 Ram 1500 rear brake lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
When replacing the rear rubber brake lines on a 2017 Ram 1500 4X4, does this part unscrew from itself. It's where the hard line meets the rubber line?

C79303E2-2799-4F01-B84E-DAF1A7FC3A2E.jpeg

The new part has the channel for the stand off. Looks totally different. It also might be the wrong part. Won't know until I call tomorrow.

This brings up the question why would you be replacing a brake line on a 2017? Car accident?

Mine is a steel braided line from KLM, look different.

Originally Posted by Rand
This brings up the question why would you be replacing a brake line on a 2017? Car accident?

[replacing with steel braided lines for more more control towing.

32.gif
How is that 1/4" rod for holding that in place? I don't like putting my metal brake lines through repeated motions. Most brackets I've seen are more robust.

Originally Posted by LAGA

How does steel braided lines give more control? Should have all the control you need from the get go.

Originally Posted by atikovi

How does steel braided lines give more control? Should have all the control you need from the get go.

First, it does not come apart there. It is one piece from factory. Replacement parts are two pieces.

Second, replacing rubber brake lines with steel braided reduces soft pedal feel. There is a big difference. Rubber lines expand under pressure. Also, less chance of of blowing a line under hard braking in an emergency.

For track use it may have a noticeable difference, but in normal street use, not significant. Same as drilled rotors. A lot of marketing hype.

Obliviously you don't tow a lot.

For track use it may have a noticeable difference, but in normal street use, not significant. Same as drilled rotors. A lot of marketing hype.

Obliviously you don't tow a lot.

I tow a lot & never needed SS brake hoses.

I was wondering the same thing .

Also what I was thinking .

When I was a teenager , my late Dad always told me to keep it stock . Took me a while to see the wisdom to that .

Also , " If it ain't broke , don't fix it . "

Perfect example of why I stopped coming here often. This will be the fourth vehicle I've replaced the stock brake lines. As I stated above, big difference. Not one of you have said anything close to, " Ive replaced mine and experienced little to no improvement". All I get is " My daddy told me so".

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/520926/1

From your link:
Originally Posted by Master ACiD

i have stainless on my car and the improvement of stainless brand lines versus new rubber lines is incredible. the petal feels much more firm, almost as if the rubber lines had some air in them which i couldnt get out.

stainless is worth it in my book, but dont kid youreself if you think stainless is going to make you stop quicker. stopping distance, as far as brake lines are concerned, is a function of pressure. if rubber lines can give enough pressure to skid a tyre without the line rupturing, than they are certainly "good enough" for youre current setup.
upgrading to stainless lines wont make you stop quicker. although some argue that stainless braid lines give you far more control over petal modulation so that you can maintain the brakes at the peak threshold where the tyres are constantly on the verge of locking up.

I have a hard time believing the stock lines are bad, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck with changing them out.

Perfect example of why I stopped coming here often. This will be the fourth vehicle I've replaced the stock brake lines. As I stated above, big difference. Not one of you have said anything close to, " Ive replaced mine and experienced little to no improvement". All I get is " My daddy told me so".

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/520926/1

I didn't see "My daddy told me so" anywhere in the responses to your thread?

The "Less chance of blowing under emergency braking" comment is hilarious though, Where did you come up with that one.....Sales literature from a company that sells SS braided brake hoses?

If SS braided hoses substantially improved pedal firmness on vehicles with Vacuum assisted brakes.......They would do WONDERS for Hydroboosted systems, Unfortunately that's not the case.

I've seen far too many SS braided hose failures at the crimps to ever use them! Instead of the entire length of the hose being able to twist like a reinforced rubber jacketed hose......The SS braided hose does not.

I guarantee.....These so called superior hoses would never pass a OEM torture test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back