102K on Plugs - '13 Chevy Cruze LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed out the plugs on our Chevy Cruze today. OEM plugs (AC Delco 41-122) with 102,600 miles on them. Couple of pictures below, for anyone that is interested.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They look like they could have gone a lot longer....but it was probably wise to change them while they were easy to remove...

They look good. I pulled the plugs on my Caddy v6 at 75,000 miles for the same reason, I was worried about getting them out but no problem and they looked good but I had new ones and figure that second set is gonna be "lifetime".

I had two Cruzes, a 2011 and 2014 and liked them both, plan to buy a used one for my grandson in a couple years. Resale value seems to be poor which I don't understand, they are good cars IMHO. Solid chassis and good fuel econ.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
They look normal for Iridiums with 100,000 miles.
smile.gif
Thanks for the post.
I bought my sister's '08 G35 and they followed the owner's manual recommendations on most service work which included 105k for the spark plugs. She sold it to me just before that and didn't change them. I changed them at 121k "just because", not because I was seeing any issues related to them. They looked pretty dam good. Can't say I felt any difference in how the car performed while I do see about 1 mph increase in fuel economy.

The gaps ranged from 0.040 to 0.045 or so over 6 plugs. Spec is 0.040".

Originally Posted by nascarnation
I had two Cruzes, a 2011 and 2014 and liked them both, plan to buy a used one for my grandson in a couple years. Resale value seems to be poor which I don't understand, they are good cars IMHO. Solid chassis and good fuel econ.

The 2011's had lot's of issues with coolant loss, coolant odor, etc ...(approx. 300 pages of complaints on Cruzetalk.com)....My dealer acted like there wasn't an issue.....A class action lawsuit was filed against GM and I believe they lost.....It was a nice car but gagging on the odor of coolant and then being told it wasn't an issue led me to trade it in and swear off GM for good....I think later years were better according to Carcomplaints.com...but 2011 wasn't very good...

Originally Posted by 4WD
Any problems getting them out ?

Came out pretty easy (thankfully).

Originally Posted by Rand
any chance those arent org plugs.. they look pretty good.

Definitely the originals, we bought it new.

Originally Posted by pbm

The 2011's had lot's of issues with coolant loss, coolant odor, etc ...(approx. 300 pages of complaints on Cruzetalk.com)....My dealer acted like there wasn't an issue.....A class action lawsuit was filed against GM and I believe they lost.....It was a nice car but gagging on the odor of coolant and then being told it wasn't an issue led me to trade it in and swear off GM for good....I think later years were better according to Carcomplaints.com...but 2011 wasn't very good...

Luckily ours has been relatively problem free. One thermostat issue, replaced within warranty without question. Granted this is a 1.8l not the 1.4l.

Ive had the best luck running 41-121. Im tuned on 23.6 psi. I put down 170hp and 210 tq on this little cruze. Im a 2012 1.4. Stock they put 105hp and 120ish tq to the wheels.

Last edited:
That was actually the lube they used on the vents. 12+ they quit using that lube.
Originally Posted by pbm

Originally Posted by OILJUNKIE
Recall the 5,000 mile "Tune Up" plugs ,points ,condenser and whatever else they could sell you.

And you sometimes knew all too well it was time🤨. Those infamous winter flooded carbs🥶. Or how bout the real terrors. So cold it needed the dragons breath like a airplane if you had no garage.

We had a 1996 Chevy Lumina 3.1l V-6 that was having problems at a little over 100,000 miles . Changed the plugs & it ran a little better .

Turned out to have more than one problems . Burnt / broken wires around the front heat shield / O2 sensor . And broken wires to the crankshaft sensor .

So , the plugs did not fix it , but helped . Learned a lot chasing down OBDII codes and repairing the various issues . Transmission went out at ~ 160,000 miles and was not cost effective to replace / repair .

We have a 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8l w/ ~ 60,000 miles . Think this engine is also used in the Cruz ?

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Looks good! Looks NGK OEM?

Yes, NGK has been OEM for Delco plugs for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back