TV shows you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last network TV show I watched was 24. Now, I just watch stuff on Netflix and Prime video.

Assume you're talking car related being posted on this forum. Just today, the History Channel has a pretty good lineup from 7am - noon. Xtreme Offroad, Engine Power, Truck Tech, Detroit Muscle, Counting Cars and a new one that is real good, Car Issues. Also like Wheeler Dealers and another show that is filmed at a car auction and the buyers fix up 3 or 4 examples they bought, but haven't seen that in a year or more.

I don't watch the networks. On streaming I watched 24, The Unit, and Blue Bloods. The first two suffered a bit part way through their runs due to writing changes but still decent shows.

For all time favorites, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Mission Impossible ( until Martin Landau left) and Magnum PI. ( the original)

Bat Masterson is another favorite.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Assume you're talking car related being posted on this forum. Just today, the History Channel has a pretty good lineup from 7am - noon. Xtreme Offroad, Engine Power, Truck Tech, Detroit Muscle, Counting Cars and a new one that is real good, Car Issues. Also like Wheeler Dealers and another show that is filmed at a car auction and the buyers fix up 3 or 4 examples they bought, but haven't seen that in a year or more.

Not just car shows, others like deadliest catch, last alaskans

I dropped our satellite sub. 1.5 years ago, and don't really miss it. I watch Netflix (series of the moment for us is Stranger Things) and a lot of YouTube videos.. History Guy, MyClassicCar, late night talk show clips, a lot of travel videos, plus whatever catches my attention. Indigo Traveller and Itchy Boots are a couple of my favourite travel video series at the moment.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by atikovi

Not just car shows, others like deadliest catch, last alaskans

OK. Tens of thousands of shows. Gonna be a long list. Judge Judy. Seinfeld. Modern Family. Arrested Development. BBT.

I used to watch Deadliest Catch and Gold Rush, but just couldn't take all the stupidity and made up drama. They say those shows aren't scripted, I'm not buying it!

We mostly watch cooking shows, Guy's Grocery Games, Chopped, Best Baker (et. al.), that sort of thing. Elementary has been a long time favorite. We've been enjoying Bull, until recently with some really bad writing and plot lines.

As for car shows, it's REALLY hard to find something that isn't a knuckle dragger fest. I'm interested in the work being done on the cars, not shop antics, not inter character drama. I love Jay Leno's YT channel, but his network show is just stupid. Loved Fantom Works, even through through the made up drama, it was mostly about the cars and doing the work right. I like Dirt Everyday, Roadkill, and a few of the other Motor Trend offerings, but only get to see what gets posted to YT or the MT channel, which ain't much. Restoration Garage is generally pretty good. Ian Rousseau has one, can't think of the name, that I really like. While he's a wild customizer, there's no drama about it, you get to see the creative process.

I watch vet shows on the weekend like dr jeff, dr kay, the incredible dr pol.... Then there is north woods law and the like.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Anything from the1950s to the very early 1980s.

Yeah, I love columbo, hart to hart, 6 million Dollar man and early perry mason

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Anything from the1950s to the very early 1980s.

Yeah, I love columbo, hart to hart, 6 million Dollar man and early perry mason

Those were awesome!! I remember watching them with my grandparents when I was a kid. Those were some of their favorites.

A couple of others I loved were The Fugitive and The Nightstalker. Mannix was a good one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back