HF: Bauer Grinder Teardown/Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised with their quality. I remember when I was a little kid and my dad would give me the paper catalog everyhting was laughable. I do remember alot of good times with him and the 2$ collapsable fishing pole. I always wanted the go kart!

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Their $9.99 Chicago one has lasted 15 years plus for me under all kinds of abuse. Why pay more?

Exactly... I have several with different brushes or stones so I don't have to swap them out.

Oddly they change the pinout of the spanner wrench every year or three so that's always a little struggle. Or I break out the vise grips.
lol.gif

My HF cheapy sounds like the gears are 1/2 stripped. Same with the cheapy sawz all and the 3/8 drill that I had to replace the smoke.in the cord already Less than 50 $ in the 3 tools. Milwaukee, etc price would closer to $500. No comparison in quality but "good enuff"

I have a 80$ or so old blue ryobi that sounds worse than my 9.99 HF grinder.. both still work fine..

I use my dewalt brushless 20v for almost everything now, the 5ah batteries last a long time even with hard use.

Homeless man's AvE. The dude making those vids has no insight at all, just wants that YouTube money and free tools.

HF v HF v B&D....come on where are the brand names so you can see what you are getting for your money. I guess the ROI wouldn't be enough.

Maybe there are no more USA made ones left? I would rather spent 200-400 and buy the one grinder I need for my entire life and support my own people and way of life.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Maybe there are no more USA made ones left? I would rather spent 200-400 and buy the one grinder I need for my entire life and support my own people and way of life.

What cordless system with 50+ tools is American made?

Dewalt? oh wait that is "made in the USA with GLOBAL materials."

so basically partially assembled in the USA?

Probably varies on a per tool basis.

Their $9.99 Chicago one has lasted 15 years plus for me under all kinds of abuse. Why pay more?

I've owned 4 or 5 over the years . All I can say is that's the rare exception. It's always either the motor smokes or the switch goes. Usually the switch by 5x 1.
They do work ok for the oddball one that has the wheel you rarely use but for your main grinders, nawwww💸💸💸.

Originally Posted by eljefino

Oddly they change the pinout of the spanner wrench every year or three so that's always a little struggle. Or I break out the vise grips.
lol.gif

Who uses a wrench! Just grab the wheel with a gloved hand push the lock in and twist. They go on just as well the same way, no issues.

Originally Posted by Driz

I've owned 4 or 5 over the years . All I can say is that's the rare exception.

Mine is the orange one. Not the black and red one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back