Authentic 100% Synthetic 5W30/0W40 engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading forums found on Google searches for days looking for a Authentic 100% "Synthetic" engine oil for my 3.5L EcoBoost & my wife's 6.2L LS3 to no avail . I'm not a brand loyalist on any product be it Ford or Chevy vehicles or in this example ExxonMobil vs Chevron products . If it satisfies my needs and is obtainable . I have tried the sought after holy grail Amsoil as well as overpriced (in my opinion) Shaeffers (I may have misspelled it) in my previous Diesel trucks and everything between in my gas engines.

The most difference that I have been able to tell as far as oil changes with different products/manufactures go is filter selection manipulating oil pressure readings . Wix XP oil filters give the LS3 a very slight lifter tick that I don't hear with the mobil 1 and Acdelco oil filters that I have used. The Wix XP filter also makes oil pressure readings higher than other filters making it obvious that the Wix XP filters are more restrictive causing more resistance that shows as higher oil pressure.

I have an oil analysis kit in route from Blackstone Laboratories and will begin my own testing of these so called "synthetic" engine oils and see what they are really made of . If any of yall have some good factual information or experiences other than your opinion of what oil brand you like or worship because a mechanic told you it was the best, or you are drunk on some engine oil products sales koolaid . Spent too much of my time reading opinions and am looking for formulation, numbers and percentages . I enjoy reading oil anylasys .

Have a great Saturday evening everyone. Bo

Humidity+Heat=South Mississippi

You can literally buy 5 gallon pails of Schaeffers for like 150$ on Amazon.
That's 20 quarts for 7.50$/qt plus free shipping.

How is that overpriced? That's on par with a lot of full priced boutique synthetics, shoot it's even cheaper if you find a rep in your area.

Originally Posted by Denali376
I have been reading forums found on Google searches for days looking for a Authentic 100% "Synthetic" engine oil for my 3.5L EcoBoost & my wife's 6.2L LS3 to no avail . I'm not a brand loyalist on any product be it Ford or Chevy vehicles or in this example ExxonMobil vs Chevron products . If it satisfies my needs and is obtainable . I have tried the sought after holy grail Amsoil as well as overpriced (in my opinion) Shaeffers (I may have misspelled it) in my previous Diesel trucks and everything between in my gas engines.

The most difference that I have been able to tell as far as oil changes with different products/manufactures go is filter selection manipulating oil pressure readings . Wix XP oil filters give the LS3 a very slight lifter tick that I don't hear with the mobil 1 and Acdelco oil filters that I have used. The Wix XP filter also makes oil pressure readings higher than other filters making it obvious that the Wix XP filters are more restrictive causing more resistance that shows as higher oil pressure.

I have an oil analysis kit in route from Blackstone Laboratories and will begin my own testing of these so called "synthetic" engine oils and see what they are really made of . If any of yall have some good factual information or experiences other than your opinion of what oil brand you like or worship because a mechanic told you it was the best, or you are drunk on some engine oil products sales koolaid . Spent too much of my time reading opinions and am looking for formulation, numbers and percentages . I enjoy reading oil anylasys .

I think there is someone on Kool-Aid.

You hit most hot points in your first post, I'll give you that. It's obvious you're familiar with this site.

Theres a whole forum full of UOAs and VOAs, eat your heart out. Those are factual, not opinions

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Theres a whole forum full of UOAs and VOAs, eat your heart out. Those are factual, not opinions

And none of which will let you "see what they are really made of" as this poster has posted.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Kschachn: you are correct and I suspect troll

Looking like that to me too.

Originally Posted by kschachn

And none of which will let you "see what they are really made of" as this poster has posted.

*Most major oil companies post Safety Data Sheets as well as Product Data sheets that will show you the makeup of the oil

If you're looking for a 100% technical synthetic with an ILSAC rating, you're not going to be finding many. Irrespective of grade, technical synthetics are likely to be costly, except for a couple HDEOs. I've never heard of the Wix XP being restrictive. Blackstone will not be able to tell you anything about the base stocks and you won't have anything with which to inscribe on the tablets and bring down to us.

*Most major oil companies post Safety Data Sheets as well as Product Data sheets that will show you the makeup of the oil

They will give you a rough idea sometimes. But approvals, specifications and licenses are the only reliable metrics to tell what an oil is really made of in terms of real-world performance.

It's a lost cause. Nobody knows what the oil composition is except the oil companies and they are not telling. Even on a remote chance if you found out the recipe it won't matter anyway. The oil companies are always reformulating the oils to meet new specs.

Fishing on hot days tends to be fruitless.

🛥🎣

Originally Posted by PimTac
Fishing on hot days tends to be fruitless.

🛥🎣

It's a slow Saturday night out on the ranch, y'all.

And when you pay for that Blackstone test, remember their chief guy has said he can tell no difference between oils and uses the cheapest approved Group II that meets specs that he can find.

Originally Posted by csandste
And when you pay for that Blackstone test, remember their chief guy has said he can tell no difference between oils and uses the cheapest approved Group II that meets specs that he can find.
Which makes complete sense, Blackstone does not test oils for such performance parameters.

I'm not going to lie, it has been at least 5 years since I have purchased anything Schaeffers . Although I have no other complaint of there products . You wouldnt happen to have had an oil analysis done using it would you?

Its a complete 💩 that ANY Oil manufactures/Mixers/Bottlers whomever is cooking these high priced "synthetic" oils are not required to put what and how much of what they are selling on the bottle. You literally have to get analysis on unused oil to see what it is . I'm probably over reacting and should be like most and buy what the manufacturer suggests ........ NOPE !

Originally Posted by kschachn

I think there is someone on Kool-Aid.

You hit most hot points in your first post, I'll give you that. It's obvious you're familiar with this site.

Ive never been a member here but over the last week have read quite a bit . Not really big on forums for obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Kschachn: you are correct and I suspect troll

Troll ? I can promise you I'm not that . First post and already getting suspected on . I'm just looking for some numbers and % on pennzoil ultra platinum 0w40 / 5w30 and mobil 1 esp 0w40 / 5w30 / 0w30 .

Troll ? I can promise you I'm not that . First post and already getting suspected on . I'm just looking for some numbers and % on pennzoil ultra platinum 0w40 / 5w30 and mobil 1 esp 0w40 / 5w30 / 0w30 .

What kind of "numbers" are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back