What would you like to do in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retire from working for others and start writing.
Even if my writing turns out to be terrible, I'd like to leave behind some of my thoughts on existence...doesn't really matter if anybody cares to read them.
Paying for health insurance is the fly in the ointment at the moment.

Originally Posted by Shannow
See my son.
Get a dog.
Have friends in real life.
Lose my "work pay bills and die" focus.

Jeez, Shannow. Things sound kind of grim for you right now. My best towards your future!

Scott

PS With respect to myself, I could not ask for anything more without sounding greedy. I'm just a "regular guy" who worked hard for the things I have. I worry about all the usual things, but life is good. I'm grateful.

Spend a month in Western Europe. UK, Belgium, France, Austria, Germany, Italy. Wife will retire in 3 years and we're hoping/planning on doing this.

I'd like to go to Alaska for vacation.

And buy a C6 Corvette
19.gif

You seem like an awesome guy! I bet you'd be supercool to hang out with!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

You seem like an awesome guy! I bet you'd be supercool to hang out with!
cheers3.gif

I agree ^^^^^^^

Consider me a real friend Shannow... I am here for you.

Though I understand your statement and feeling. I don't have has many "real" life friends like I used to....

When I worked at the gym I had a whole lot more friends there... It was like on that old show Cheers... When I walked in everyone knew me and it was rather cool. I miss that now... Sometimes a lot.

I enjoy my work. I enjoy what I do and how many really good people I get to meet.

Though it is hard, hard, hard to say goodbye... So many, many, many, many times in the past 3 years. It has been a tremendous honor taking care of those wonderful and great people.

See my son.
Get a dog.
Lose my "work pay bills and die" focus.

Take care Shannow.
You have a lot to offer.

Slight twist on these

See my son (be more independent)
Get a dog (limit around here)
Have friends in real life (that pick up the check more)
Lose my "work pay bills and die" focus (need the above first)

In the near future?
Retire and travel with my wife.
After a year or so, maybe look at options to stay engaged without having daily dealings with subordinates.
Maybe a little teaching?
Spouse and me are both pretty happy with where we are now, but we also both look forward to a life without daily work responsibilities.

Believe we have financial security for the future and have that end covered, but still considering what to do after retirement. My wife has a big family and lots of grand children being born, but my family is for the most part sparse, I only had one child with my late wife and he and his aren't planning to have kids anytime soon if ever.

Where my interest resides for something to do in retirement I can't talk about on the forum because it is prohibited content ...

I'm pretty sure you can state that you are going into religion or politics. If it's the other banned topic, I hope you aren't waiting until retirement for that...

Originally Posted by Red91
Near or far...

I'd like to have my own place, with some sort of enclosure to house some shop tools and a small lift. I'd use this to service my own vehicle and possibly do service work, like brakes and oil changes, on the side. I'd like to have a brake lathe so I could make money at turning rotors and drums.

I've seriously considered just building a small shop with a single room apartment built in. Simple and efficient.

Retire and stay away from people.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I'm pretty sure you can state that you are going into religion or politics. If it's the other banned topic, I hope you aren't waiting until retirement for that...

Fair enough. I want to go into a certain form of ministry known as the permanent deaconate.

Originally Posted by 02SE

Ha! That's a good one. I haven't heard the third topic mentioned on here for so long that I had to look it up to figure out what it was.

As for me, in the far future, probably going to be working on the same thing that Beethoven has been working on, D-composition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back