Taco Bell Cantina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taco Bell Cantinas are cropping up here. Most importantly, they sell beer. I hadn't been to a Taco Bell in years but was curious. They no longer offer a taco salad, so I went with a bowl instead. I did get a Golden Ale which wasn't terrible. The beer came in a plastic cup and cost $8! They fill the cup from the bottom via a magnetic one-way valve. After you have finished your beer, you can remove the magnetic diaphragm and use it as a fridge magnet, which serves as a handy reminder to not ever go back to the Taco Bell Cantina. If you need a large stainless steel washer, keep the cup!
grin2.gif

[Linked Image]

oh geez, we had one open up here that I was thinking of checking out, but $8 for a beer in a plastic cup doesn't work for me at a ball game, I'm sure not going to do it at a Taco Bell!

Yeah I seen these things in Vegas and Austin. Never been in one. Makes no sense to me, there are so many cantinas down here why would anyone choose to go to taco bell.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
So it's just a Taco Bell with beer? You can buy beer at the gas station and get drunk at the regular Taco Bell.
21.gif

LOL!

So it's just a Taco Bell with beer? You can buy beer at the gas station and get drunk at the regular Taco Bell.
21.gif

You'd have to be pretty drunk to eat the hog slop that they pretend is Mexican food.

21.gif

You assume too much based on your own preferences.

Originally Posted by Garak
If you tried what [usually] passes for Mexican food up here, you'd wish you were at Taco Bell.
wink.gif

You don't need Mexican food. You have poutine.

Originally Posted by vavavroom
I didn't post this in the food forum because I considered my post a public service announcement.
grin2.gif

Thank God no taco bell up here. We have the worse alternative for drug use and drinking: KFC

21.gif

You assume too much based on your own preferences.

I wasn't saying that you were getting drunk at Taco Bell, I was making a joke about the concept of Taco Bells that serve beer. At face value it's like hearing Waffle House is going to sell beer.

I get that this is probably meant to compete against Chipotle and the like. Dropping Taco Bell from the name might be a good idea, call it [something other than Taco Bell] Cantina.

01Rangerxl: I understood what you meant.

The KFC and Burger King joints around here are close to a Get Go that sells beer as well as gas. Go figure
smile.gif

You don't need Mexican food. You have poutine.

Maybe, but my experiences with Taco Bell, years back, were positive. The only one in the province was on campus back in the early 1990s, and it was a quick, cheap place to grab some lunch in a pinch, and of course, I didn't like everything on the menu, but there were enough things I did.

A poutine at most restaurants here can be pretty large and heavy, which doesn't agree with everyone. I don't mind, though. One place I go to fairly often has, in addition to regular poutine, a breakfast poutine, which is a nice little side with breakfast.

Taco Bell food has always had a laxative effect on me. There are so many Mexican places, some even have authentic Mexican food and there's really no good reason to go to Taco Bell. I can get an awesome super burrito or a large quesadilla for around $10 anywhere.

Here, authentic isn't going to happen. There was one here for a little while a couple years ago, but there was a fire and that didn't end well. In Saskatoon, they had one many years back that I'd go to on occasion, but that's long gone. Mucho Burrito is the closest to authentic here now.
wink.gif

TB's HQ is just up the road. Still have some YUM shares (and its former parent Pepsico) from my erstwhile ESOP package.

Can't say I miss the restaurant business too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back