MOBIL 1 M1-108A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
From member TortureTestMag and off his 2002 Kia Spectra that ran QSUD 5W30 for 20,755 miles if memory serves. Looks pretty good I will say. Enjoy the pictures
wink.gif

20190720_111221.jpg

20190720_111409.jpg

20190720_111434.jpg

20190720_111456.jpg

20190720_111508.jpg

20190720_111519.jpg

20190720_111714.jpg

20190720_111734.jpg

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I lik how there's no debris in the oil pool in that filter. Looks great!

Yeah, I do too. Believe he added 5 quarts of make up oil also. He posted his UOA in proper section
smile.gif

Other than what is seen in the 5th picture down, did you see any other wayward use of the glue/sealant? I used to use this exact M1 filter but the excess glue that was everywhere turned me off of them.

Otherwise this one looks decent. Thanks.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Other than what is seen in the 5th picture down, did you see any other wayward use of the glue/sealant? I used to use this exact M1 filter but the excess glue that was everywhere turned me off of them.

Otherwise this one looks decent. Thanks.

I didnt see any other sealant

You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Thanks for the C&P Adam.

Mobil/Champion seems to be getting sloppy with the adhesive lately... as long as it stays put no harm/no foul I suppose...

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Thanks for the C&P Adam.

Mobil/Champion seems to be getting sloppy with the adhesive lately... as long as it stays put no harm/no foul I suppose...

Yeah, sloppy is right. Whacked few others open early this week and spaghetti/sealer all over them that I whacked open. Glad I only bought Eco Tech ones on clearance at Wal Mart.

You are welcome as always Robert
wink.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
That is a lot of glue for such a tiny filter
crazy2.gif

Will the longer M1-110 fit that Spectra?
smile.gif

I don't know

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
....2002 Kia Spectra that ran QSUD 5W30 for 20,755 miles.....

20,755 miles on the QSUD...........pretty impressive!
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'd say very impressive. I'll wait for TortureTestMag to add anything if he wants. I'm not allowed to speak freely anymore it seems
wink.gif

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
....2002 Kia Spectra that ran QSUD 5W30 for 20,755 miles.....

20,755 miles on the QSUD...........pretty impressive!
laugh.gif

But with 5 qts make up oil in a 4 qt sump.
Basically an oil change done during the use of the filter, but still it looks good.

Originally Posted by littleant
One thing your great pictures show me Stude is the engine must be super clean. QSUD is a very good oil. Thank you Sir for the C & P

You are welcome

Cool! Thanks for doing that. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it doesn't look all clogged/warped/deteriorated so I guess it was okay?

Anyway thanks again!

Originally Posted by sir1900
Looks like the filter came as advertised.

Thanks for the C&P. I am impressed by how good it looks after 20,000 miles.

I was too good sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by torturetestmag
Cool! Thanks for doing that. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it doesn't look all clogged/warped/deteriorated so I guess it was okay?

Anyway thanks again!

You are very welcome and if you are feeling like sending more: just do it as Michael Jordan says
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back