Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick review of this product, I have used it on three cars now. Weird stuff at first, different to apply. Wash car leave it wet spray product and wipe it around on surface(for first application) rinse off and dry surface.
At first I was not that impressed, left some streaks on windows and headlight covers. Second application, wash car, spray product on and then rinse off, dry surface. WOW after the second app. it really seemed to work well, has lasted through a few wash cycles. I have a black truck, really looks good, as good as any other wax I have tried. Economical as well, 2 applications on three cars and there is still some in the bottle. Cheers.

I saw that and installed it on a dry car went 110% perfect. Did it on another wet, epic fail. streaking and not good coverage, had to do it twice with 4 times the work then the first one. DO IT DRY ONLY!!

Apply it per the directions. If it streaks you used to much product.

A high pressure rinse should remove major streaking and a damp microfiber will remove minor streaking with ease.

[Linked Image]

Exactly. A lot of people would be surprised at how little product you should use when it comes to these applications.

I know I'm in the minority - I just use the Meg's HCW on a dry car and use an applicator every time and then wipe off with a towel ... It just seems so wasteful to use by spraying on and rinsing off ?

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
I know I'm in the minority - I just use the Meg's HCW on a dry car and use an applicator every time and then wipe off with a towel ... It just seems so wasteful to use by spraying on and rinsing off ?

But you are not wasting anything. In fact you probably use more product applying it as you described.

Try it with the rinse off method. Most panels will get one or two sprays. The hood and roof might get 3-4 sprays. It works instantly and the rinse spreads it around. Dry and buff.

Originally Posted by rdevans89
Just a quick review of this product, I have used it on three cars now. Weird stuff at first, different to apply. Wash car leave it wet spray product and wipe it around on surface(for first application) rinse off and dry surface.
At first I was not that impressed, left some streaks on windows and headlight covers. Second application, wash car, spray product on and then rinse off, dry surface. WOW after the second app. it really seemed to work well, has lasted through a few wash cycles. I have a black truck, really looks good, as good as any other wax I have tried. Economical as well, 2 applications on three cars and there is still some in the bottle. Cheers.

I tried this stuff, and then t he Turtle Wax Ice Seal stuff. The TW dominated. Much cheaper, too.

Originally Posted by Ws6
I tried this stuff, and then t he Turtle Wax Ice Seal stuff. The TW dominated. Much cheaper, too.

Ooh, "dominated."

How?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Ws6

Ooh, "dominated."

How?

It just seems to "stay with me" longer. Much better water beading, much longer, and bugs stick less. Application of the ceramic Mequaires was easier and faster, but it didn't really do much that I could tell, in comparison to the TW. I could actually tell the TW was on there and doing something a month later. The other? Maybe. I dunno.

Last edited:
I applied Meguiar's HCW in the spring and the car just won't stay wet.

The "wash" I just did was basically wiping off the car. Nothing stuck to the paint, least of all the soap and water.

[Linked Image]

I saw this at Walmart the other day and forgot about it 'til this thread. I will give it a try since it will make my KIA look like a 911.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
I saw this at Walmart the other day and forgot about it 'til this thread. I will give it a try since it will make my KIA look like a 911.
wink.gif

[Linked Image]

Make sure you get a booty shot!
lol.gif

wink.gif

[Linked Image]

lol.gif

Hahaha... will do!

Beautiful car brother.

wink.gif

[Linked Image]

lol.gif

Hahaha... will do!

Beautiful car brother.

I agree 100 percent... A really great car RooflessVW...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Hahaha... will do!

Beautiful car brother.

I agree 100 percent... A really great car RooflessVW...

Thanks guys. I'm still really pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back