2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT trans. filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This regards an Outlander GT

I found pn 2824A012 as the filter for my friend's non-CVT transmission. It's a 6 speed.

A seal is said to be included with it. No pan gasket was listed or mentioned.

Does anybody know if the pan gasket is of the reusable type?

Also, does anybody know what kind of fluid this unit takes?

Thanks

Thanks for that link. It showed me that the Outlander GT 6-speed takes a fluid different from other Mitsus.

The Advance Auto Parts catalog lists their own Dexron VI as well their own synthetic Multi-Vehicle Import ATF.

I don't think Mitsubishi would require any special ATF but since it's a friend's vehicle AND it's acting funny (haven't seen the car yet) I'll insist he buy the genuine article. This way I don't hear any bull fertilizer when his trannie goes out the rest of the way.

Also: I had to look and look but finally found a website which included Outlander GT as a selection. 'Twas mitsubisidirectparts.com
Filter: 2824A012----------------$48.78
Pan Gasket: 2705A017-------$22.12

Many thanks

The Japanese weren't fond of reusable gaskets. That car was designed before the Nissan Renault Alliance take over of Mitsu Motors(shared platform with Chrysler), and many of them used SP-III fluid.

I think I found a thread you made and it took J-3 fluid, but of course this being BITOG and how MaxLife is to us like Frank's Red Hot is to that little lady. Since that Outlander was built on a shared Mitsu-Chrysler platform that's used for the Sebring/200/Journey and the newer variants use a Hyundai 6-speed I have a fleeting suspicion that J-3 is a Mitsu version of Hyundai/Kia SP-4M that Mopar also uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back