Finally did it. 2017 3500HD Gasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by 14Accent
How are the RPM's with 4.10's and the 6 speed? The 6.0 is a great engine, I assume you didn't need all the power of the Duramax?

60 MPH is right around 1750 rpm
70 is 2000 rpm

I take it 5th and 6th are both overdrive? My pickup has 4.10 gears and 5th gear is about 2300 at 70

Originally Posted by Miller88
Originally Posted by 14Accent
How are the RPM's with 4.10's and the 6 speed? The 6.0 is a great engine, I assume you didn't need all the power of the Duramax?

60 MPH is right around 1750 rpm
70 is 2000 rpm

I take it 5th and 6th are both overdrive? My pickup has 4.10 gears and 5th gear is about 2300 at 70

yep. Link for 6L90.

4.03/2.36/1.53/1.15/0.85/0.67/R3.06

Heh, no direct drive either!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Does it call for 75w90 in the pumpkins ?

I don't know I need to look. This fall it will get all new fluids, for right now it fresh oil.

While the manifold bolt heads have a larger drive size (13mm vs 10mm)....The bolt size remains the same (8x1.25mm). The 2-piece casting of the flange has been around for several years as well.

I still recommend swapping the bolts for ARP chromoly!!

Originally Posted by clinebarger
While the manifold bolt heads have a larger drive size (13mm vs 10mm)....The bolt size remains the same (8x1.25mm). The 2-piece casting of the flange has been around for several years as well.

I still recommend swapping the bolts for ARP chromoly!!

Thanks clinebarger. One thing that I can do easily one day and not worry about them cracking.

Perfect time to do it....While the truck is young! I'd be surprised if you didn't have issues with your GMT800 2500HD with all the "glowing manifold" towing you put it through?

I recently replaced some manifold bolts on a '14 GMC Sierra Denali that saw some serious towing duty.....Had to weld nuts on the below flush remainder of the bolt & extract them. Recommended Chromoly ARP's but the customer declined as he bought some stainless bolts off E-bay
smirk2.gif

Recommended Chromoly ARP's but the customer declined as he bought some stainless bolts off E-bay
smirk2.gif

You can lead a horse to water...

Perfect time to do it....While the truck is young! I'd be surprised if you didn't have issues with your GMT800 2500HD with all the "glowing manifold" towing you put it through?

LOL. I did. I broke three off. Front and rear drivers side, rear passenger side. I put the brackets on with the bolt the pushed down the on the manifold. They were on there for 3 years. Never got around
to fixing them because they worked so well.

Funny story not about the GMT 800, but my old 1989 GMC 1 ton 454 TBI/Turbo 400/4.10...you get the idea.

Towing into Ennis, Montana there is a HUGE long hill. Now I had pulled my exhaust manifolds, put new ones on, new gaskets all new fasteners so no leaks. So that was all good.
Anyway I hit this hill in the middle of summer and for some time had my foot on the floor going 12 to 25 mph...

When I got into town I had to get gas and popped the hood to check everything out. The manifolds were still cherry red.. I have to imagine climbing that hill they were almost molten. LOL.

My one buddy calls me "Mechanically insensitive" He is not wrong, but I can fix most of the stuff I break.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
Nice, but you gave that 2500 away! Didn't it only have like 56k on it?

Retail if I had sold it was maybe 8000, it was a 2WD no options truck. I would have sat on it awhile.
Everyone wants 4 wheel drive. I would have had to waif for the right buyer.

Dealer will get 9500 to 10,000 maybe.

Considering I paid 12,900 out the door for it 10 years ago I was ok with that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
Nice, but you gave that 2500 away! Didn't it only have like 56k on it?

Retail if I had sold it was maybe 8000, it was a 2WD no options truck. I would have sat on it awhile.
Everyone wants 4 wheel drive. I would have had to waif for the right buyer.

Dealer will get 9500 to 10,000 maybe.

Considering I paid 12,900 out the door for it 10 years ago I was ok with that.

Ah, OK that makes more sense - I thought it was a 4x4.

GL with the new truck. I've been eyeing up the new Silverado 1500s, haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

LOL. I did. I broke three off. Front and rear drivers side, rear passenger side. I put the brackets on with the bolt the pushed down the on the manifold. They were on there for 3 years. Never got around
to fixing them because they worked so well.

Funny story not about the GMT 800, but my old 1989 GMC 1 ton 454 TBI/Turbo 400/4.10...you get the idea.

Towing into Ennis, Montana there is a HUGE long hill. Now I had pulled my exhaust manifolds, put new ones on, new gaskets all new fasteners so no leaks. So that was all good.
Anyway I hit this hill in the middle of summer and for some time had my foot on the floor going 12 to 25 mph...

When I got into town I had to get gas and popped the hood to check everything out. The manifolds were still cherry red.. I have to imagine climbing that hill they were almost molten. LOL.

My one buddy calls me "Mechanically insensitive" He is not wrong, but I can fix most of the stuff I break.
smile.gif

I'm reminded of when the Ecoboost came out. Supposedly Ford put the chassis and drivetrain onto a dyno, ran it at WOT for a week, alternating between peak HP and TQ rpm points. I can't find the picture (Jalopnik?) but I think even the exhaust tips had changed color.

Originally Posted by Rand
The best part is the front grill doesnt have the super goofy

C H E V R O L E T across it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Perfect place for an LED light bar. A little modification work. To the OP, nice rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back