Anyone have over 200K on their GDI or TGDI engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that DI has been out 10 years now, it shouldn't be too hard to find those with over 200K. Just expect a bunch of replies from those with 20 or 50K just because.

I'm two thirds of the way there at 134k with nothing but regular oil changes every 6-7k miles, synthetic or semi. It's started to burn a little oil after 125k, maybe 4-6 oz per 1k miles. I suspect it will be a very short list of people replying at 200k+.

35.gif

No T, DI, GDI, TGDI, or GJIGFDSVUBTVUI in this fleet...

Originally Posted by atikovi
Seeing that DI has been out 10 years now, it shouldn't be too hard to find those with over 200K. Just expect a bunch of replies from those with 20 or 50K just because.
Yeah, but some would everyone believe these engines are lucky to reach 50k miles before they have a catastrophic failure.

I don't see that has any giant milestone. How about how many GDI or TGDI engines with over 200K problem free miles? Just oil changes, filter changes, and tune ups?

I'm getting close, I should be there before the end of the year. Currently sitting at 168K on a 2015 Focus 1L EcoBoost. 5-7K mile OCIs, replaced the starter, water pump, and an evap hose.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I don't see that has any giant milestone. How about how many GDI or TGDI engines with over 200K problem free miles? Just oil changes, filter changes, and tune ups?

Wife's 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
~180K trouble free miles / only oil changes / tire change (twice) / brakes (twice) / spark plugs (once) / transmission (still on factory fluid).

-oil changes every 3-4K miles / 90% short tripped city miles
-87 and 93 octane used (99% Chevron)
-Synthetic oils although VWB has been used twice
-lots of idling to allow interior to cool down before toddler goes in

Last edited:
2007 Lexus LS460.

Oil changes every 5,000 miles, then I decided to go 7,000 miles, then it started using oil when it got over 150,000...maybe a 3/4 a quart between changes...then when it hit 170,000 it started using a quart every 700 miles...then I traded it in at 180,000 miles.

Aren't all Ford Ecoboost engines DI? Pretty sure we've heard of F150's on the other side of 200k, here or elsewhere.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

I don't see why relatively trouble free would be out of the norm at 200K miles. If maintained somewhere close to the factory recommended maintenance intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back