Apple Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has been complaining about her iPhone 7 which irked me since I paid for it outright 1.5 year ago for her birthday new. Her main complaints were hard to charge and the battery died quickly and apps hanging.

A week ago the cellular portion of phone(main purpose
smile.gif
) died. I contacted Apple support on the out of warranty phone by 7 months and found out a recall was in place for cellular portion.

However to my surprise my daughter was right not just being 13.5.

They repaired/did recall:
1) Cellular issue - reason sent in

Additionally (no charge! not requested):
1) replaced charging piece in phone as not up to spec
2) replaced the battery as performance not to. spec
3) replaced display as they considered not up to spec (she/I did not notice).

You pay a ton but at least the support is excellent even out of warranty.

Good deal … just retired my 6+ as it was getting weird and an actual gen back from 7 on up …
Love the new XS … think I will actually travel with one less phone or iPad …
That will get it down to only 4 plus laptop … LoL

I'm not 100% certain on this, but the screen and battery replacement might be because they have to remove them to do the cellular radio replacement. The batteries are glued in and I think they sometimes get bent (damaged) during the removal. Same with the display (probably the LCD ??).

As for the battery life and charging port, she probably uses that phone 22 hours a day and it's constantly being plugged in and unplugged and that will wear out the charging port. If this is the case with her, you might want to explain to her about not charging it so often. A wireless charger would be a good idea but the 7 doesn't support wireless charging.

You got lucky that it was a recall that's all. Otherwise, it's business as usual the Apple way by ripping people off on repairs.

I'm very happy with my iPhone 7+. I ordered it on release night September 2016, still going strong. I had the battery replaced during their $29 special just for the heck of it last year.

Will get the new one in September.

I have apple CarPlay, I am an outside salesman. My xs max phone gets plugged in 20 times a day at least. So did my old 7+. No charge port problems. They ports are pretty tough.

Battery holds up excellent on the weekends. So I say all the folks worried about to much charging, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back