30 years clean & sober today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We celebrate each other's sobriety birthdays because it is all our birthdays.
I know the other side of life; we all do.
I never wanna go back.

I first had to admit alcohol had control of me. Then went to an AA meeting every day, got a sponsor and followed directions. Worked for me. Ed

Thumbs up to you all. I know so many people who could not get a handle on it and they are gone now. I just lost my BIL recently. It's a terrible outcome and the toll on the families and friends is heavy. By helping yourself this way, you also helped all the people around you.

Keep up the good work!

Ray

Originally Posted by Gebo
How did you quit?

My mother died from cirrhosis of the liver from drinking, and my father was an alcoholic. He abused me, my older brother, and younger sister, when he would drink. If that's the benefits of drinking, I didn't want ANY of it!

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Congradulations & God Bless
6 years for me on May 9th. I quit for HBP reasons.

3yrs ago I quit drinking when I landed in the emergency room with HBP, a PE, edema and CHF. I thought I was just "not feeling well" leading up to that. For several months it was touch and go with multiple stays in the hospital. Needless to say I am one lucky dog and God willing will be around long enough to see my 2 kids get married.

Congrats OP... you're an inspiration to me.ðŸ‘

banana2.gif
banana2.gif

Congrats!

I'm 24 and have never drinken or smoked before, and never will. Neither has my 29 year old brother.

My mom has been an alcoholic my entire life, it's really bad right now.

I don't want to ever be like that. Alcohol is pointless.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Congrats!

I'm 24 and have never drinken or smoked before, and never will. Neither has my 29 year old brother.

My mom has been an alcoholic my entire life, it's really bad right now.

I don't want to ever be like that. Alcohol is pointless.

Smart man ðŸ‘

I quit drinking when I was 32, i'm now 64 I was so bad with drinking I had a six pack in a cooler beside my bed, that was my breakfast...one day I just got fed up with feeling like crap not to mention all the money that I wasted that I quit cold turkey. Was a bit rough for the first month but I haven't had a drink in 32 years

I was sober for 20+ years then fell off the wagon.Terrible mess I was in.lost many good friends including family Almost drank myself to death. My drinking was so bad I was in and out of detox 6 times in as many months. I have lost 3 toe's on my right foot because of my passing out in a snow bank. If not for my neighbor finding me I would have died right then and there. When I finally woke up in the hospital I was told I was [censored] lucky to be alive another 1/2 hour and I would have froze to death. Ended up going to rehab for 90 day,s now I visit rehabs on a monthly basis telling my story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back