Fram Ultra Synthetic XG6607 (brand new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading here and finding out people say filters work better as they are used more, this one should be the one to go for first. Going to get efficient faster. The other common belief is the large pores fill first, so that means with the two ply media, they must put the fine mesh on the outside, because otherwise the large pore outer media would fill making a mess of it. The third thing I learned here is always listen to the owners manual if they say use a filter twice(my Chrysler manual says that). Then it follows since the manual knows it all, don't ever change the trans fluid if they say never change, lifetime fluid.

Nice photos. ðŸ‘

Fram Ultra are definitely a great oil filter for the money.

I have the 7317 on a 4 cylinder Acura and plan to run it to 30K miles.... but with 4 OCI's of synthetic oil.

I knew you'd make that recurring comment. A seal impression doesn't need to be 1/8" deep all the way around to make a decent seal. And if you've actually cut open to inspect an Ultra, the fit of the leaf spring assy into the hole is actually pretty tight around the inner edge of the seal, so that helps give a better seal. I cut an XG3600 open a few weeks ago and could still see (at the right angle and light) a very light impression in those areas that don't look deep in the photo. Even if the metal ring of the leaf spring is up tight and laying flat in those areas with some force on the seal without making a big noticeable impression it's still most likely sealing fine.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I knew you'd make that recurring comment. A seal impression doesn't need to be 1/8" deep all the way around to make a decent seal. And if you've actually cut open to inspect an Ultra, the fit of the leaf spring assy into the hole is actually pretty tight around the inner edge of the seal, so that helps give a better seal.

Oh I have cut them open and that's one reason I always point that out. I've seen plenty where there basically is no seal on 2 sides of the ring as appears to be the case with this one. I'm not hating just pointing out what's so obvious to me. If enough people would acknowledge the issue maybe the manufacturers would fix it.

Bickering Lock. If someone has proof there is a fault with the design of Fram Ultras then produce it.

Not opinion, not best guess, actual proof. Impressions and assumptions aren't proof.

Read the rules above, I don't have the time or inclination to play games. Consider this final warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back