Picked up a Hyundai oil filter from WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really convenient. I like how each face of the box is sealed up so it's easy to tell if it's been tampered with. Also picked up a jug of M1 ( gotta love rebate season!)
smile.gif

What is the model number of the filter you bought? I'm wondering when WM will start selling the new 26300-35505 filter.

many hyundai-kia-mann hummel filters at the stealers are $6, keep your receipt for warranty purposes.

I've been using Factory Hyundai filters exclusively in my 2012 Accent since new and it is almost at 200,000 mi. and I must say they are the highest quality oil filters I've ever used. Glad to know WM is carrying them now.

*For future reference , the way to tell if the Hyundai oil filter is counterfeit or not is to look down the hole in the oil filter and see if it has the trademark Hyndai "H" symbol in the metal at the bottom ... If it does - then you are good .

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
...until the counterfeiters start adding the same "H" symbol.

Exactly

Originally Posted by benjy
many hyundai-kia-mann hummel filters at the stealers are $6, keep your receipt for warranty purposes.

No need to worry about keeping a receipt for warranty if you are in the USA, Hyundai can't use the use of another brand filter to deny warranty. Their uninformed order writters may say that and of course we see it repeated time and time again on forums like this from people like you. All they have to do is look thourgh the oil fill cap to see if it is a clean or dirty motor. I signed no paper work or saw anything anywhere stating I need to keep receipts to get a warranty.

For the anti-WM folks, Autozone seems to be stocking these too. Last time I looked at their website, I couldn't find them by "browsing", that is going through 'oil filters' and then trying to filter by brand though. They sell other brands as well - Honda, Toyota, etc. No Nissan though, even though Nissan/Infiniti only has ~2 filters across their line.

Originally Posted by Mainia

No need to worry about keeping a receipt for warranty if you are in the USA, Hyundai can't use the use of another brand filter to deny warranty.

I think this has been discussed a few times. If an aftermarket oil filter is proven to be the cause of engine damage then the car manufacturer certainly can deny to fix it under thier warranty. They will tell you to go to the filter manufacture and have them fix the engine under their warranty - if they have one.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

No need to worry about keeping a receipt for warranty if you are in the USA, Hyundai can't use the use of another brand filter to deny warranty.

I think this has been discussed a few times. If an aftermarket oil filter is proven to be the cause of engine damage then the car manufacturer certainly can deny to fix it under thier warranty. They will tell you to go to the filter manufacture and have them fix the engine under their warranty - if they have one.

In real life the likelihood they go to this much trouble to try and deny a warranty claim is pretty low. Unless the failure is obviously the filter and you can tell from the outside of the engine, the dealer would have to pay a tech to tear the engine down and hope the filter caused the problem. At that point they'd rather just sell the warranty hours and get the car fixed.

No need to worry about keeping a receipt for warranty if you are in the USA, Hyundai can't use the use of another brand filter to deny warranty. Their uninformed order writters may say that and of course we see it repeated time and time again on forums like this from people like you. All they have to do is look thourgh the oil fill cap to see if it is a clean or dirty motor. I signed no paper work or saw anything anywhere stating I need to keep receipts to get a warranty.

Not true. Hyundai is not technically responsible for damages it deems the result of using or improperly installing an aftermarket product (per M-M Act). They can tell you to pound sand and go after the filter mfg. If you don't buy their conclusion and they're not willing to budge, you'll probably have to litigate it. Fwiw, most of the reputable filter mfgs warranty their products against engine damage.

I picked up a Hyundai filter for my dad's Genesis 5.0 a few days ago for $11.99 at Autozone...really convenient that we can get the factory filter locally. Before we had to get it at the nearest dealership which is about 45 minutes away. It's a Mahle OX351 and looks to be much better than the Frams that are available at walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back