I wish my Camaro was this color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DriveHard
Isn't it odd to have an SS with only one tail pipe?

Beautiful car!

1998 SS cars had single exhaust outlet, ALL factory 4th gen F-bodies technically have single (midpipe) exhaust anyway.....Dual exhaust tips/outlets were purely aesthetic.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Would have to be a screaming bargain for me to buy a gold painted car .

Maybe if it was cheap enough that I could get it professionally re-painted ?

I would not mind having a Camero , but I have no need for a car that would only carry 2 adults , comfortably . Then there is the insurance cost .

Don't worry.....You won't find a Sport Gold Metallic SS at a screaming bargain! If you did....It will need more than paint!

I fully understand this color isn't for everyone.....I like it & think it fits the car.

Originally Posted by dailydriver

I opted to install the SLP manual over-ride fan switch on my T56 LS1 2000 Z28 for stop and go 'parking lot' traffic jam emergencies.
wink.gif

I also used the Diablosport Predator hand held tuner to set the fan-on speeds MUCH lower in the summer, and higher in the winter, as it was a YEAR ROUND car, unlike most of them.

If I would have kept it, eventually it would have received a Griffin/whatever ALL alloy, multiple pass/row aftermarket radiator (like my current car in sig needs DESPERATELY! LOL).

What I've noticed/experienced.........LSx engines are extremely easy to cool given the cooling stack is free of debris. Not saying you can't overtax the stock 1-Row radiator in certain situations.

My L92 runs right at 200 all the time (High speed fans on at 198°)......I'd like a Be-Cool radiator so I don't have to hear the fan roar all the time as I think it could maintain with Low speed fans with more capacity.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Ws6,

You look like Randy Orton from the WWE.

The 1994 Corvette also had a gold color option, but it looked terrible.

Haha, thanks! Dude is 6'5" and 250# though. I'm 5'10.75 and 200#. (175ish in that pic, though. I'm many bulk/cuts beyond that, now).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by A_Harman
By the time I decided to order a 2002, GM was painting the tops of all Z28's black to differentiate them from plain Camaros, but I didn't like the black roof.

That requisite/mandated black roof was the ONLY reason I ordered my base/stripped (even had CRANK windows, and no rear window defroster!), '00 Z28 in black (I wanted silver, but did not want to chance painting the 'Eclipse' roof, given mismatching, and everyone telling me that these is "NOTHING as good as factory paint".
mad.gif

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by DriveHard
Isn't it odd to have an SS with only one tail pipe?

Beautiful car!

1998 SS cars had single exhaust outlet, ALL factory 4th gen F-bodies technically have single (midpipe) exhaust anyway.....Dual exhaust tips/outlets were purely aesthetic.

I put the SLP Two Out The Left system on mine, less than a year into ownership from new, before switching that out, late in the car's life, for a full 3.5" all 304 system from Mufflex.

I have the Hooker Blackheart 2.5" true dual system on my car.....I don't care for the Tips, But with the offset placement of the mufflers.....I can't really change them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have the Hooker Blackheart 2.5" true dual system on my car.....I don't care for the Tips, But with the offset placement of the mufflers.....I can't really change them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Man dual exhaust with full tail pipes is tight in an F body. I had forgotten how tight they are underneath.

Is that a Strange S60 I see? If so that's plenty of axle for 3x your power level, on slicks, with a trans brake!

Good eye.....Yes, Strange S60 housing & Axles with a Eaton TrueTrac & used 3.73 gear set & 1350 Yoke out of a 2004 Express 2500. It's actually a little less parasitic than a Ford 9".

I wanted to run a Ford 8.8" hybrid with stock GM 7.6" axle tubes......I've checked a few Hawk's fabricated ones, Not one has been straight so far.

Good eye.....Yes, Strange S60 housing & Axles with a Eaton TrueTrac & used 3.73 gear set & 1350 Yoke out of a 2004 Express 2500. It's actually a little less parasitic than a Ford 9".

I wanted to run a Ford 8.8" hybrid with stock GM 7.6" axle tubes......I've checked a few Hawk's fabricated ones, Not one has been straight so far.

Good call on an OE gear set. I've installed 3 S60s 2 in F bodies and 1 in an A body with a 540 BBC and a G Force G5R stick. Every one was built at Strange and have exceptionally noisy gear sets in them. The F bodies, one has a TH400 and the other has a 4L80E. I've been pleased with how quiet OE gear sets are, perfect in a daily driver!

Stay cool there in TX!

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Would have to be a screaming bargain for me to buy a gold painted car .

Maybe if it was cheap enough that I could get it professionally re-painted ?

I would not mind having a Camero , but I have no need for a car that would only carry 2 adults , comfortably . Then there is the insurance cost .

Don't worry.....You won't find a Sport Gold Metallic SS at a screaming bargain! If you did....It will need more than paint!

I fully understand this color isn't for everyone.....I like it & think it fits the car.

I've had 3 gold cars in my driving life, the second Olds Cutlass coupe, the W202 Mercedes C-Class, and the 2015 BMW 328i. With a light-colored interior, they all looked very classy . . . and during the pollen season in spring and fall, they just looked a little blurred, whereas my dark-colored cars all looked like they'd been through a dust storm out West.

I sold my built 7.6" corporate differential to a fellow enthusiast because he was going on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I plan on Supercharging my 6.2L with a TVS-2300....So I will need a strong diff & I don't like pinion placement on a Ford 9".

A good customer/friend of mine has a '57 Chevy with a LS3/4L80E/TVS-2300 that has broke several 12 bolts, I installed a S60 in his car & has held-up much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back