Poor Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Bill Gates gave way 22% of his wealth over the last 17 years. Warren Buffett has given away over 70% of his wealth since 2000.

I recall that Buffett changed his plan when his wife passed.
He wanted to build it to the max and then let her give it away … but he assumed she'd live longer …
What I always find amazing is that so many of these folks amassed the wealth in totally different sectors.

Read about Andrew Carnegie . Gave away a LOT of money . I read he was trying to " buy back " his good name .

I always heard shrouds do not have pockets .

If you were rich and gave away a lot of money , what tax issues arise ?

Not that I will ever have to worry about that .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Read about Andrew Carnegie . Gave away a LOT of money . I read he was trying to " buy back " his good name .

I always heard shrouds do not have pockets .

We have a museum that Carnegie money built , wonderful beautiful building .

My HS history teacher was obsessed with Carnegie and you'd best pronounce the name like he did …

It's crazy how much these super billionares/millionares donate and contribute back. Rockefeller did a lot for the National Park foundation, but I would have never known if I never went out and actually went to the places that he helped fund.

Originally Posted by Pew
It's crazy how much these super billionares/millionares donate and contribute back. Rockefeller did a lot for the National Park foundation, but I would have never known if I never went out and actually went to the places that he helped fund.

Understood … there are some giving plenty now that will not get mentioned …

Originally Posted by Kira
Yo, Kjmack, What Museum? I only know the libraries scattered about

Carnegie Museum of Natural History comes to mind.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by Kira
Yo, Kjmack, What Museum? I only know the libraries scattered about

Carnegie Museum of Natural History comes to mind.

It's in Port Huron ,Mi. I'm like 15 miles from there .

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Who needs that much money.... ?

The uber weathy support a very large number of businesses that would otherwise not exist. Gulfstream aircraft is a great example. 15,000 direct employees and an equal number of support staff.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Who needs that much money.... ?

Generous people who impact lives in the world in terms of charity, job growth, economy growth and opportunity.

Bezo's AWS has given me ton of opportunity over last 8 years moving people into custom cloud applications I build.

Difficult subject … you start looking at the list of major "givers" … you quickly see those known for agendas that are not as wholesome as it appears from a distance …

Originally Posted by Pew

I think he was trying to buy back a good name , too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back