Hellcat engine in a Miata

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't click yet but that is the worst idea.
unless you load the trunk with sacks of concrete mix to pin it down.

Do you want 100mph rolling burnouts? Because that's how you get 100mph rolling burnouts. It's so ridiculous that I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

I'm watching a Miata LS swap series, seems an LS swap is common among Miata owners. Can't imagine a Hellcat swap.
crazy2.gif

I'm only to part 6, so no spoilers!
31.gif
lol.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDMrJhpeYiE&list=PLaeETZPdShsN8XtwhDKS-iVJZ38lKFKI9

Last edited:
This like a woman getting XXXX large breast implants.

Very silly. These idiots destroyed a great classic Miata and just a waste of money and ultra ridiculous.

smirk.gif

I think all Miatas should be destroyed....a coworker insisted on driving me to a customer meeting in his and then it became clear it was going to rain, so we had to put the top up partway there.
My head was smashed into the bracing for the top and it was close to my worst experience ever in a vehicle, not far from actually being in an accident.
I think I was more comfortable riding in the back seat of my friend's 944 in HS.
My favorite Miata moment was when Napoleon Dynamite threw a baseball bat through the windshield of one in The Benchwarmers and Bill Romanowski screamed, "THAT'S MY MIATA!!!!"
;^)

Stupid.

I know as a 18 year old, I built a V8 Vega with a 327 engine from a crashed rail. and a boneyard TH350 and a 10 bolt posi from a z28.

Three things were a PIT@

1) Mounting the custom vette radiator out front

2) Relocating the Heater core inlet and outlets

3) Converting the 10 bolt from a leaf perch to a 4 link.

Funny story on the 4 link. Gave the welder the stock Vega rear and the 10 bolt and told him to transfer the 4 link brackets onto the 10 bolt with the same geometry. Got it done then I fitted it.
Took the car for a test shakedown it had 3 spee s reverse and 1 forward. !!!

He Mounted the brackets upside down!

Luckily they were just tacked, so I had him fix it. I paid for the extra work since I didn't give him explicit instructions.

Nice Guy, Great welder. Lou's Welding in Billerica.

Cars were slow in the 70s no need to build silly stuff now except out of boredom.

But, I would like maybe a 289 Ford powered RWD 2 door Suzuki Sidekick. That would be the B's!

I have seen a LS swap Miata make the jump to light speed. Impressive. The aluminum LS engine is pretty light.

Rod

Originally Posted by 02SE
I'd be curious to know the actual curb weight, and weight distribution.

That is my thought as well. People got all excited over putting a 302 in a Miata but didn't realize it killed the handling of the car. The LS swap makes more sense since it is closer to the actual weight of the engine that came in the iron block Miatas.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
I have seen a LS swap Miata make the jump to light speed. Impressive. The aluminum LS engine is pretty light.

Rod

Those are actually still fun cars to drive around some corners too with nearly the same weight up front. That's all I think i would want for a track toy. Maybe the hellcat guy wants to run with the crazy big turbo Supras on the freeways at night?

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

That is my thought as well. People got all excited over putting a 302 in a Miata but didn't realize it killed the handling of the car. The LS swap makes more sense since it is closer to the actual weight of the engine that came in the iron block Miatas.

If I recall correctly, the weight distro was barely changed too, something like 53/47 if not just 51/49.

When I used to valet a long time ago, a customer let us take turns driving his Monster Miata. I only barely goosed it a couple time, but WOW! Could get scary real quick! It sounded like an older muscle car, too. We heard it coming, but ignored the little red thing that was actually making the rumble! LOL.

Tom's Turbo on YT is putting an LS in an older 2wd Tacoma. Can't wait to see what it does. Especially since I watched the LS Miata series.

Last edited:

The crew at Flyin' Miatas scaled one...with an aluminum LS, the weight distribution is the same as a stock MazdaSpeed turbo MX5.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

The crew at Flyin' Miatas scaled one...with an aluminum LS, the weight distribution is the same as a stock MazdaSpeed turbo MX5.

That's great, but a Hellcat engine is not an Al LS engine. I'd like to know how much this car weighs, and what it's weight distribution is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back