Cadillac parked for 25 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, not everyone was happy when the vehicle was towed by the city. "That car is a staple in this community," said a neighbor that goes by the name of Jake. "Those who gawk at it and want to get rid of it aren't real Brooklynites."

So for some in Brooklyn, apparently junk cars parked on the street are a staple of the community. I'll never understand yankees.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
However, not everyone was happy when the vehicle was towed by the city. "That car is a staple in this community," said a neighbor that goes by the name of Jake. "Those who gawk at it and want to get rid of it aren't real Brooklynites."

So for some in Brooklyn, apparently junk cars parked on the street are a staple of the community. I'll never understand yankees.

New York city and Alabama are like two different countries.

Says the man from Alabama. Where cars on cinder blocks in the front yard are considered art.

"It's a safety hazard," one woman who moved into the neighborhood of Prospect Park three years ago told Daily News. "My children walk by it every day. It needs to go away."

I liked the woman who was worried about her kids. I had to laugh at that. I guess cars can just jump out at you if you're not careful or something--but newer cars are better behaved.

Originally Posted by supton
"It's a safety hazard," one woman who moved into the neighborhood of Prospect Park three years ago told Daily News. "My children walk by it every day. It needs to go away."

I liked the woman who was worried about her kids. I had to laugh at that. I guess cars can just jump out at you if you're not careful or something--but newer cars are better behaved.

That caught my attention too
lol.gif
. $10 her name is Karen.

They don't have front yards to park cars in like the rest of us.

Originally Posted by atikovi

Says the man from Alabama. Where cars on cinder blocks in the front yard are considered art.

Don't forget the old toilet used as a planter...

Originally Posted by atikovi

Owned.
thumbsup2.gif

Alabama
Where your cars on blocks, and your house has wheels...

I bet if you jumped that Caddy, it would start...

Originally Posted by marine65
New York city and Alabama are like two different countries.

More like two different planets.

I'm really surprised no one has yet mentioned Jeff Foxworthy of "You might be a redneck if..." It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive, as long as you have a spare in the back yard. Do they have back yards in Brooklyn? Forgive my ignorance; I'm from flyover country, where the term "Redneck" is a compliment and a term of endearment. You know...America. Love it or leave it.

It is unsafe is a better excuse than I don't like or I want to park my car there. Probably called the cops a million times but the valid inspection stopped any action. An unsafe car that has a valid inspection is contradictory, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Especially if it that wheel calls the cops constantly.

People on my street do the same thing. I've had the cops called on me 11 times that I know of, cops show up to my house twice and my tires deflated for taking a corner at the speed limit. Not a single ticket. If you know how to manipulate the government the police can fight your battles with people who offend you but are otherwise not breaking any laws.

The last safety hazard you need to worry about in Brooklyn is an old car that's parked for so long.

I used to work with a guy from the Bronx. Apparently, abandoned cars on the street are quite common there. And if you need a part for YOUR car, help yourself.

IBTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back