Mother's CMX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied two coats yesterday to the Atlas after a wash with Gold Class and a quick IPA wipe to remove any remaining Griot's Poly Wax.

So far I'm very impressed with the gloss and candy-like finish. It's hard to capture but I'm very happy.

[Linked Image]

Does it have a slimy residue? This has been my concern with top dressings and drying agents is that they'll leave a greasy/slimy feel to the surface. This has absolutely been the case with every trim care product I've tried.

Originally Posted by A_Spruce
Does it have a slimy residue? This has been my concern with top dressings and drying agents is that they'll leave a greasy/slimy feel to the surface. This has absolutely been the case with every trim care product I've tried.

Not even slightly... I've never experienced that particular issue with any LSP.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
LSP?

Last Step Product. Wax, sealant, coating, etc.

Back in the day when I used Armor All, it left a slimy residue. I recently bought a can Cover All, under the recommendation of the parts store, stipulating that I didn't want slime. He assured me it wouldn't and went out to the Burb and hosed down the plastic cap on the front bumper, he said to leave it alone, it won't be slimy . . .
smirk2.gif
It was slimy. On the bright side, I did figure out that IF it's used sparingly, it does help restore the color and luster, but you've got to go through a carwash to get rid of the slime. The luster lasts for quite a while.

I'm actually on the hunt for non-slimy products, in case you couldn't tell,
lol.gif
so if you've got good ones to recommend, toss 'em out there.

I did see Mother's CMX being talked about here a little while back, but have not had time to dig back into detailing products.

LSP?

Last Step Product. Wax, sealant, coating, etc.

Back in the day when I used Armor All, it left a slimy residue. I recently bought a can Cover All, under the recommendation of the parts store, stipulating that I didn't want slime. He assured me it wouldn't and went out to the Burb and hosed down the plastic cap on the front bumper, he said to leave it alone, it won't be slimy . . .
smirk2.gif
It was slimy. On the bright side, I did figure out that IF it's used sparingly, it does help restore the color and luster, but you've got to go through a carwash to get rid of the slime. The luster lasts for quite a while.

I'm actually on the hunt for non-slimy products, in case you couldn't tell,
lol.gif
so if you've got good ones to recommend, toss 'em out there.

I did see Mother's CMX being talked about here a little while back, but have not had time to dig back into detailing products.

I used to work at O'Reilly when younger. Trust me, we were pushed like [censored] to sell Cover-All. There were monthly sales competitions actually for Cover-All.

That stuff is trash, though. All the commercial car wash places loved it though. One guy told me that Cover-All is the bread-and-butter of his business. He always offered "free" tire shine for car wash customers, and sprayed down their tires with it. It looked great, but it was slimy as you said and would sling all over the car. And that would make the customer have to return for another car wash within a week.

Take that how you will.

Originally Posted by Deontologist

I used to work at O'Reilly when younger. Trust me, we were pushed like [censored] to sell Cover-All. There were monthly sales competitions actually for Cover-All.

Gee, how did you know it was O'Reilly's?
lol.gif
Yeah, not a fan of Cover All.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Love that color! Looks awesome with the black wheels!

Thanks! Saw the combo and had to have it - they had to bring one from across the state.

Thanks! Saw the combo and had to have it - they had to bring one from across the state.

Great call getting the black wheels... I bet it looked a ton better after changing those wheels.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Great call getting the black wheels... I bet it looked a ton better after changing those wheels.

The sliver looks better with some colors for sure, but the darker shades need the black wheels, especially with the black interior. The bright silver VW uses clashes with all the chrome they chose to use.

I really like the look of the extended Thule XT but I've hung it and the crossbars in the garage until out next road trip.

I prob have a few years worth of LSP's stocked up since I bought several half filled bottles from someone on here. Otherwise I'd give this a whirl. Kind of motivation to use them up and try some new ones.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Still holding up brilliantly. There have been no washes or additional applications since July.

Only the lower sills seem to accumulate dirt.

Applied two coats yesterday to the Atlas after a wash with Gold Class and a quick IPA wipe to remove any remaining Griot's Poly Wax.

So far I'm very impressed with the gloss and candy-like finish. It's hard to capture but I'm very happy.

[Linked Image]

Nice,but the bottle says to wait 24hrs between coats for best results
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back