Recent Topics
Drain Plug Washer Frozen to Oil Pan
by CrackyWainwright - 02/26/20 06:31 PM
ams OE 0/20 6100 mi 14 KIA 2.4L GDI
by pair of Blazers - 02/26/20 06:17 PM
Any Exotic Brand Dealership Mechanics Here?
by john_pifer - 02/26/20 06:14 PM
Sentra no start
by Aredeeem - 02/26/20 06:07 PM
Sync Update 2016 Cmax
by borgward - 02/26/20 03:30 PM
Kirkland 0w20 at local Costco
by paulri - 02/26/20 03:12 PM
LG Red in a VW DSG trans?
by racin4ds - 02/26/20 02:31 PM
2013 Jaguar XF 3.0 AWD
by ET16 - 02/26/20 02:25 PM
Ford....in trouble??
by earthbound - 02/26/20 01:31 PM
Interesting read
by double vanos - 02/26/20 10:51 AM
2010 Honda Element 127K miles valvetrain picture
by SLO_Town - 02/26/20 10:01 AM
Anyone Used a Sea Sucker Bike Rack/Mount?
by jcartwright99 - 02/26/20 09:46 AM
8 passenger vehicle typically 5 for <=$15k
by madRiver - 02/26/20 09:27 AM
RON Octane Gasoline rating
by Building3 - 02/26/20 09:26 AM
Who makes Canadian Supertech?
by Patman - 02/26/20 09:08 AM
Benefits of a hard break-in discussion
by buster - 02/26/20 08:54 AM
2004 Cavalier 2.2L Oil Change Interval?
by Bob5150 - 02/26/20 08:44 AM
Newest Members
Scotts994Runner, Bu33leGutz, splitthebreak, shadango, JimNastic316
70808 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
100 registered members (14Accent, 4WD, benjy, 97f150, BAJA_05, Beria, 11 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics301,959
Posts5,206,377
Members70,808
Most Online4,538
Jan 20th, 2020
Donate to BITOG
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mother's CMX #5162578 07/16/19 12:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
rooflessVW Offline OP
OP Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
Applied two coats yesterday to the Atlas after a wash with Gold Class and a quick IPA wipe to remove any remaining Griot's Poly Wax.

So far I'm very impressed with the gloss and candy-like finish. It's hard to capture but I'm very happy.

[Linked Image]


"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5162597 07/16/19 01:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 33,998
D
demarpaint Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 33,998
It looks great! Nice job.


God Bless Our Troops

Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5162790 07/16/19 04:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
rooflessVW Offline OP
OP Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
A couple more. Still trying to capture the "candy look."

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5162805 07/16/19 05:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
rooflessVW Offline OP
OP Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
[Linked Image]


"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5162829 07/16/19 05:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
A
A_Spruce Offline
Offline
A
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
Does it have a slimy residue? This has been my concern with top dressings and drying agents is that they'll leave a greasy/slimy feel to the surface. This has absolutely been the case with every trim care product I've tried.


'03 Suburban
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: A_Spruce] #5162852 07/16/19 06:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
rooflessVW Offline OP
OP Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
Originally Posted by A_Spruce
Does it have a slimy residue? This has been my concern with top dressings and drying agents is that they'll leave a greasy/slimy feel to the surface. This has absolutely been the case with every trim care product I've tried.

Not even slightly... I've never experienced that particular issue with any LSP.


"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5162865 07/16/19 06:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
A
A_Spruce Offline
Offline
A
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
LSP?


'03 Suburban
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: A_Spruce] #5162870 07/16/19 06:47 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
rooflessVW Offline OP
OP Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
Originally Posted by A_Spruce
LSP?

Last Step Product. Wax, sealant, coating, etc.


"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5162981 07/16/19 09:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,016
A
aquariuscsm Offline
Offline
A
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,016
Love that color! Looks awesome with the black wheels!


1996 Nissan 300ZX 5-speed,Arctic Pearl(#175 of 300)
Quaker State Ultimate Durability 10W30
2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2.4,auto,San Marino Red
Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W20

Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5163042 07/16/19 11:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
A
A_Spruce Offline
Offline
A
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by A_Spruce
LSP?

Last Step Product. Wax, sealant, coating, etc.


Back in the day when I used Armor All, it left a slimy residue. I recently bought a can Cover All, under the recommendation of the parts store, stipulating that I didn't want slime. He assured me it wouldn't and went out to the Burb and hosed down the plastic cap on the front bumper, he said to leave it alone, it won't be slimy . . . smirk2 It was slimy. On the bright side, I did figure out that IF it's used sparingly, it does help restore the color and luster, but you've got to go through a carwash to get rid of the slime. The luster lasts for quite a while.

I'm actually on the hunt for non-slimy products, in case you couldn't tell, LOL so if you've got good ones to recommend, toss 'em out there.

I did see Mother's CMX being talked about here a little while back, but have not had time to dig back into detailing products.


'03 Suburban
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: A_Spruce] #5163061 07/17/19 01:26 AM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 179
D
Deontologist Offline
Offline
D
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by A_Spruce
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by A_Spruce
LSP?

Last Step Product. Wax, sealant, coating, etc.


Back in the day when I used Armor All, it left a slimy residue. I recently bought a can Cover All, under the recommendation of the parts store, stipulating that I didn't want slime. He assured me it wouldn't and went out to the Burb and hosed down the plastic cap on the front bumper, he said to leave it alone, it won't be slimy . . . smirk2 It was slimy. On the bright side, I did figure out that IF it's used sparingly, it does help restore the color and luster, but you've got to go through a carwash to get rid of the slime. The luster lasts for quite a while.

I'm actually on the hunt for non-slimy products, in case you couldn't tell, LOL so if you've got good ones to recommend, toss 'em out there.

I did see Mother's CMX being talked about here a little while back, but have not had time to dig back into detailing products.


I used to work at O'Reilly when younger. Trust me, we were pushed like [censored] to sell Cover-All. There were monthly sales competitions actually for Cover-All.

That stuff is trash, though. All the commercial car wash places loved it though. One guy told me that Cover-All is the bread-and-butter of his business. He always offered "free" tire shine for car wash customers, and sprayed down their tires with it. It looked great, but it was slimy as you said and would sling all over the car. And that would make the customer have to return for another car wash within a week.

Take that how you will.

Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5163224 07/17/19 07:19 AM
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 12,594
PimTac Offline
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 12,594
Armor All and the other one are not considered LSPs.


Looks great roofless.


2017 Mazda CX5
Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w20
Roki OEM filter.
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: Deontologist] #5163387 07/17/19 10:47 AM
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
A
A_Spruce Offline
Offline
A
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 166
Originally Posted by Deontologist


I used to work at O'Reilly when younger. Trust me, we were pushed like [censored] to sell Cover-All. There were monthly sales competitions actually for Cover-All.


Gee, how did you know it was O'Reilly's? LOL Yeah, not a fan of Cover All.


'03 Suburban
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: aquariuscsm] #5163399 07/17/19 11:07 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
rooflessVW Offline OP
OP Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,976
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Love that color! Looks awesome with the black wheels!

Thanks! Saw the combo and had to have it - they had to bring one from across the state.


"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Re: Mother's CMX [Re: rooflessVW] #5172625 07/27/19 10:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,548
B
bbhero Offline
Offline
B
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,548
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Love that color! Looks awesome with the black wheels!

Thanks! Saw the combo and had to have it - they had to bring one from across the state.



Great call getting the black wheels... I bet it looked a ton better after changing those wheels.


Nissan Altima 3.5 Coupe
Cam2 SuperproMax 5w30 Carquest r84356 Oil filter
"Treat your family like your friends and treat your friends like your family."
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™