Ugliest/Best Chrysler LeBaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandma had a Dodge Aries, a sister car. It was hideous when I was a child but saved my mum and I from a head on collision when I was like 5-6 in the front seat. Never seen a convertible, much less a Woody Convertable.

I'd drive it. Has character, maybe not a good character, but still a head Turner.

ugliest best lebaron

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Is that Metallic Pea? Haha

The funny thing is that my grandmas aries was black. After we wrecked it a few months later my grandmother bought a Saturn with a similar color green to the car in the article. I think GM called their version at the time Pistachio.

But yeah. Looks like metallic baby food
lol.gif

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Grandma had a Dodge Aries, a sister car. It was hideous when I was a child but saved my mum and I from a head on collision when I was like 5-6 in the front seat.

Because it was so slow it didn't get to the collision on time? In that era safety features were pretty basic.

Would that be Corinthian leather?

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Grandma had a Dodge Aries, a sister car. It was hideous when I was a child but saved my mum and I from a head on collision when I was like 5-6 in the front seat.

Because it was so slow it didn't get to the collision on time? In that era safety features were pretty basic.

Nah. Lady ran a red light as we were turning. Totaled her little car (Tracer I think)
It was metal versus plastic that day. Did leave a pretty good ding in the front of the Aries. Hood would no longer latch closed. We drove it for almost a year afterwards with a bungee cord holding it on. Lol

Originally Posted by AZjeff

I think you had to step up to the Córdoba to get that "rich Corinthian leather".

I had a LeBaron GTS Turbo which was the hatchback. Had the 5 speed. I thought it was fast at the time once the turbo kicked in. Not that fast in 1st unless you had the revs up, but then you end up smoking the clutch.

It was pretty light in the rear, that was the car where I tried going up an icy hill once so I was going slow. Got halfway up and it wouldn't go anymore so when I stepped on the brakes, the front end of the car just swung around like a pendulum and I ended up point down the hill. No traffic at the time so I went back down, turned around and got a better starting speed going up the hill so I made it the second time.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Is that Metallic Pea? Haha

Would a Woody Wagon K-car count? Wood cladding

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back