Future of Chevy Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a photo of a Chevy Bolt charging in our local town. Although Chevy is cancelling a lot of cars next spring I've read conflicting reports on the Chevy Bolt. Some say the Bolt will be modified to look more like an SUV but have essentially the same drive train. Anyone know what the plan is?

167DA421-53C7-4857-B1F0-251C55ACFA56.jpeg

They'd sure sell a bunch more if they did that.

Thing actually offers competitive range in this tiny form factor - put a heavier body around it and this will suffer.

UD

If you wanna go electric, this is a great cost effective way to go.
People love 'em.

I believe GM is putting $300M into the Boly factory; gonna build an "EUV".

I am strongly considering the compact hatch version. The range is perfect. I can commute to work and go see my parents with it.

Make sure you have a good buffer on the range. The batteries deteriorate over time and reduce your range.

Last edited:
Depends on how fast battery cost go down. I see that Bolt will have a future for a family's 2nd car (the other being an SUV, minivan, or a crew cab pickup) or local municipal fleet car (security patrol, delivery). If they can reduce that to about $25k new it would be a good seller.

Keep it compact, you'll never have enough range if you make it an SUV. The battery will take up more space and will not charge fast enough no matter where you go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back