2019 Dodge Ram Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JustN89
To be fair, this is not the updated 2019 look. These are 2019 Classics. The new 2019 look is best on the market, and it's really not even all that close (the F-150 is close on the exterior, but the interior looks worlds better in the Ram).

The new ones are still generic GM wannabees with outdated powertrains.

Originally Posted by itguy08
To be fair, this is not the updated 2019 look. These are 2019 Classics. The new 2019 look is best on the market, and it's really not even all that close (the F-150 is close on the exterior, but the interior looks worlds better in the Ram).

The new ones are still generic GM wannabees with outdated powertrains.

In your own words the new GM trucks have been a redesign disaster. It also appears as though your opinion doesn't align with reality. The new RAM has already overtaken Silverado as the #2 truck sold this year, and both the Silverado and the Sierra have underperformed this year compared to last (source).

As for outdated powertrains, the RAM might (and this is not a certainty) have an older lineup, but they perform on par with Chevy's offerings in terms of fuel economy (within a 1/2 mpg) and with 10x the data available than what Chevy has (Source: RAM Source: Chevy). When it comes to power, the RAM is the choice and it's really not even that close. The RAM with the Hemi comes in at 395HP/410 lb-ft and the Chevy 5.3 offers a meager 355/383 in comparison. The V6 offerings for each truck are a little closer in comparison, despite the Pentastar being smaller displacement. The Pentastar offers 305/269 at 20city/25hwy, while the bigger 4.3L for Chevy offers 285/305 and 18city/24hwy (source- disclosure: this is from 2014, but that's the most recent GM publication on 4.3L mpg. The Chevy website does not publish fuel data for the 4.3L currently).

All-in-all, the new design of the RAM, both inside and out, has been a hit and it's why they've overtaken the Silverado for #2 for the first time is a long time (maybe ever? haven't followed truck sales that closely). As for powertrains, the only thing the Chevy offers that the RAM doesn't is a 4 cylinder, but when comparing apples to apples from both companies, it's pretty clear that RAM offers more power and better economy than Chevy, although to Chevy's credit, they have more options available for the 1500 than RAM does. Based on your post history, you've got a bias against FCA so your critiques of the RAM aren't surprising, but they are certainly untrue.

In your own words the new GM trucks have been a redesign disaster. It also appears as though your opinion doesn't align with reality. The new RAM has already overtaken Silverado as the #2 truck sold this year, and both the Silverado and the Sierra have underperformed this year compared to last (source).

Yeah GM phoned it in. And Ram has been firesaling their ancient trucks for a long time. Last month a local dealer was saying 25% off all in stock units. That's for just walking in. It's also known that Ram is the highest rebates/incentives.

As for outdated powertrains, the RAM might (and this is not a certainty) have an older lineup, but they perform on par with Chevy's offerings in terms of fuel economy (within a 1/2 mpg) and with 10x the data available than what Chevy has (Source: RAM Source: Chevy). When it comes to power, the RAM is the choice and it's really not even that close. The RAM with the Hemi comes in at 395HP/410 lb-ft and the Chevy 5.3 offers a meager 355/383 in comparison. The V6 offerings for each truck are a little closer in comparison, despite the Pentastar being smaller displacement. The Pentastar offers 305/269 at 20city/25hwy, while the bigger 4.3L for Chevy offers 285/305 and 18city/24hwy (source- disclosure: this is from 2014, but that's the most recent GM publication on 4.3L mpg. The Chevy website does not publish fuel data for the 4.3L currently)..

And I'll take actual data rather than paper specs.
Pickuptrucks.com Testing of GM, Ford, Ram, and Nissan Trails GM in every acceleration metric, loaded, unloaded and was the most expensive truck. Yes, the GM had the 6.2 but at the prices of those trucks you better get the best powertrain each offers (EB 3.5 for Ford, 6.2 for GM, etc.).So if I wanted the best power it's a tossup between Ford and Chevy. Sure wouldn't be Ram.

Based on your post history, you've got a bias against FCA so your critiques of the RAM aren't surprising, but they are certainly untrue.

If you want the most powerful 1/2 ton you buy a Ford or GM. If you want the pretty boy truck you buy a Ram.

Last edited:
Didn't take long for the brand loyalty sword fights to spin up.

I think the OP's uncle scored a pretty good deal. I love that color scheme but personally am not a fan of the Ram styling before the model yr 2019 update (mainly the pre-2019 massive snout), but their powertrains seem a solid choice.

Don't think they should've called it warlock but I digress to avoid a threadlock . . .
grin.gif

If I were to get a truck right now it would likely be the RAM. Second choice would be a Tundra/Tacoma. I really like the RAM and I think the reliability of the 3.6L is solid as is the rest of the truc.

I personally like the look of the Warlock. The bumper has this nice textured finish (not sure what you call it). I was impressed with it especially for $35k.

If you want the most powerful 1/2 ton you buy a Ford or GM. If you want the pretty boy truck you buy a Ram.

Given that we are currently handing out unsolicited opinions, you really need to just stay out of these threads. You've added absolutely nothing of value and your manure spreading makes you come off as a complete [censored] bag (not that you care I'd wager). This ends up following you into other topics where you might actually have contributions of merit.

You bust into these threads like the Kool-aid guy full of liquified pig fertilizer, crap all over everybody else's purchases, for some reason thinking they give a [censored] about your opinion. Newsflash: they don't. Obviously the OP's uncle didn't feel inclined to call you up for a consult before his purchase and I sure as [censored] wouldn't be asking you for vehicle advice either. This wasn't even a vehicle advice thread! The OP was sharing his uncle's new purchase to the board but you just couldn't help yourself.

I'll be sure to tell my wife when she gets back from vacation that we can't tow the boat to the cottage because her truck is just a "pretty boy" truck and we'll need to go rent the Ford again to take care of that task
smirk.gif

Must be a pretty awful existence being so miserable that one feels it necessary to denigrate the purchasing decisions of others in these types of threads just to get the satisfaction
21.gif

Rebel On Road edition ? … Think the original was a W150 PowerWagon (had one, but WT model) …
So, my wife and I were talking trucks … she said women always push for RAM once they see the interior … but what's this on Facebook about a "tick sound" …
Not sure she understands what I explained …

And I'll take actual data rather than paper specs.
Pickuptrucks.com Testing of GM, Ford, Ram, and Nissan Trails GM in every acceleration metric, loaded, unloaded and was the most expensive truck. Yes, the GM had the 6.2 but at the prices of those trucks you better get the best powertrain each offers (EB 3.5 for Ford, 6.2 for GM, etc.).So if I wanted the best power it's a tossup between Ford and Chevy. Sure wouldn't be Ram.

Based on your post history, you've got a bias against FCA so your critiques of the RAM aren't surprising, but they are certainly untrue.

Wait.. you posted essentially a blog link wherein the "expert judges" all scored the RAM higher than the Silverado.
lol.gif

I'm not an FCA fan boy or a GM hater, just trying to call out unfounded claims and unsolicited opinions. You clearly have an issue with RAM, which is fine- you don't have to buy one, but no one asked for your unfounded hate of the truck.

Originally Posted by 4WD

So, my wife and I were talking trucks … she said women always push for RAM once they see the interior …

I read a ton of professional reviews, and every single one of them were wrote by males, raving over the RAM'S upscale interior. If you want to use twisted logic to somehow spin that its better to have a cheap, ugly interior, then you.....FAIL!

Originally Posted by buster
My uncle picked up this truck and I was surprised how nice it was. I love the looks. He went with the 3.6L. Picked it up for $35k.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yuk..
Only a mother could love it....................

Look at those panel gaps , LOL is that the best Chrysler can do . Don't tell me it's for body flex either .

Looks are subjective obviously. I think it's very nice.

On a different note, who is behind the engineering of the Fiat Chrysler Ram division? My dad and grandfather were always Ford truck people. I recall Dodge coming to life again in the mid to late 90's. How is the quality and reliability of the current and previous generation Ram pickups? I had a 2004 Ram with the 5.7L but had to get rid of it after a year. I loved that truck but didn't keep it long enough to really find out how reliable it was.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Look at those panel gaps , LOL is that the best Chrysler can do . Don't tell me it's for body flex either .

If you look down the side of a Ford truck with aluminum panels, you can see the waviness in the panels. Is that the best Ford can do?

I like it.

I'd probably buy a Ram if in the market for a full sized truck. GM would be a close 2nd Nissan 3rd and I really don't care for the Ford or Toyota. They are all great trucks, though, so I doubt any fanboys would be disappointed in any of them. They are all very competitive in performance. The arguing is really dumb.

Last edited:
I like it too. Something Dodge does right,they put rear firing exhaust and round wheel wells. I really hate the side firing exhaust that most trucks have. Looks goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back