Ea037 with 10k cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off a 2002 F150 with the V6 running Delo 15w-40 and had three extra qts added to it during the oil change, The F150 has 212K miles on it.

Ea037.jpg

Ea0371.jpg

Ea0372.jpg

Ea0374.jpg

Ea0376.jpg

Oh, well … so ugly it would have to sneak up on a glass of water to get a drink …

I used to run Amsoil filters, but switched to Fram Ultras a few years ago. I am glad I made the switch to the Ultra. I haven't seen any Ultras beaten up as bad as that Amsoil filter!

Originally Posted by Kruse
Care to tell us why this engine had 15W-40 in it?

Probably cause it is in NC.or the south. I will be flamed for using 15w40 as I currently am. Big deal

It looks fine to me. If it did the job without being compromised, i have no complaints.

Given the engine is consuming some oil, the dirt being generated is greater than new. I think the filter did well considering the state of the engine and the oil change duration. Thanks for the C&P.

Originally Posted by Sunnyinhollister
Short Tripped??

Not short triped, they live about 15 miles out in the country to where they work.

Originally Posted by Kruse
Care to tell us why this engine had 15W-40 in it?

It had an oil leak and didn't want to spend to much money on an oil change. He usually comes in every 6k miles or so but this time, time got away with him. So I had the 15w-40 on hand from clearance sale so I used it. The oil leak is fixed but he still has consumption issues. This would be a good candidate for Valvoline's Restore oil, but I don't think he is willing to spend that kind of money.

I got the 3 EaO filters off Ebay for $8ea shipped so not to bad on price for the filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back