Crack on frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking here?

Inkedcrax_LI.jpg

That what I was thinking was the crack too.. very good job man.

What year Camry?? I could compare to my lady's Camry... Her car is a 98.

Originally Posted by bbhero
That what I was thinking was the crack too.. very good job man.

What year Camry?? I could compare to my lady's Camry... Her car is a 98.

It is a 07 08 camry. Thanks for your offer. Would they look the same? It's an in-line 4 engine

Last edited:
I already told you what it is, and not to worry about it. There is nothing wrong. It's just a welded on bracket that was designed the way it was for NVH, and/or for specific characteristics in the event of a crash.

I even looked it up on the database. The subframe/ engine cradle/ engine mounts are all viewable.

If that doesn't convince you, I was a Master Tech at a Toyota dealer at one time. I still have friends in that line of work.

As for your '07-'08 looking the same as a '98, there would be some differences, as there was a design change with the '02 model year.

Your Camry is fine.

Have a good body shop look at it, hard to tell from images. Being a possible safety issue, I wouldn't pay too much attention to opinions here because of the image.The area looks clean and if needed should be no problem for someone to make a repair.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE
I already told you what it is, and not to worry about it. There is nothing wrong. It's just a welded on bracket that was designed the way it was for NVH, and/or for specific characteristics in the event of a crash.

I even looked it up on the database. The subframe/ engine cradle/ engine mounts are all viewable.

If that doesn't convince you, I was a Master Tech at a Toyota dealer at one time. I still have friends in that line of work.

As for your '07-'08 looking the same as a '98, there would be some differences, as there was a design change with the '02 model year.

Your Camry is fine.

Well....

I would trust this ^^^^^^^^

About as much first hand knowledge and experience as one could possibly get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back