PF63E cut open with 11k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a PF63E that came off a 2016 Traverse and the oil was STP HM 10w-30 No oil was added and was down about half on the dipstick. Thought this filter held up well considering the application. The Traverse has 138k on it.

PF63E.jpg

PF63E2.jpg

PF63E3.jpg

PF63E4.jpg

PF63E5.jpg

PF63E6.jpg

Isn't that too many miles to go on this OCI? 11K miles on Traverse 3.6L seems way too high. I heard you should only go max 5K miles per OCI with a high grade synthetic. I am very surprised that filter held up that well being it's an e-core.

Looks very good. Cute triplese7en in to crucify us on why he hates nitrile adbv. Oh well, my work uses e cores here and there without issues

Thanks for c&p sir
wink.gif

Not sure how "cute" he is! All nitrile ADBVs don't seem to be equal-the AC Delco Ecore ones, and Baldwin, seem to be pretty good, unlike many Puro made ones (QS comes to mind). Looks a lot better than the Amsoil in the adjacent thread!

That filter looks excellent. Lends credence to the ST9688 saying on the box, "good for 10K". I'm not afraid of these new ecore designs.

Yeah … nitrile is a compound and like anything made can vary in quality, shape, thickness etc …
So every time I pull this same filter it is holding back the oil in the galleries. They are very pliable.
We use nitrile seals in HP applications with oil based fluids. They are out there by the thousands.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Not sure how "cute" he is! All nitrile ADBVs don't seem to be equal-the AC Delco Ecore ones, and Baldwin, seem to be pretty good, unlike many Puro made ones (QS comes to mind). Looks a lot better than the Amsoil in the adjacent thread!

I meant cue triple seven

Originally Posted by wemay
That filter looks excellent. Lends credence to the ST9688 saying on the box, "good for 10K". I'm not afraid of these new ecore designs.

Amen sir
smile.gif

They were supposed to come in a long time ago for an oil change but his wife doesn't sit around at the house and is always gone. It was hard to get them in when she was home.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back