Which 1234yf manifold gauge set is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the connection at the vacuum pump the same? I would assume that it is.

Otherwise, Amazon has this. Would this work? Also, how are you recovering the freon? 1234yf is very flammable, I hope you aren't just venting it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 14Accent
I 1234yf is very flammable, I hope you aren't just venting it.

I think its funny how propane/isobutane replacements for r12 got so much flack for being flammable and dangerous, then the oems come out with 1234yf which is a glorified flammable hydrocarbon refrigerant.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
I 1234yf is very flammable, I hope you aren't just venting it.

I think its funny how propane/isobutane replacements for r12 got so much flack for being flammable and dangerous, then the oems come out with 1234yf which is a glorified flammable hydrocarbon refrigerant.

I agree! And the propane/isobutane refrigerants run at lower pressure and are more efficient to boot! I have been using propane/isobutane refrigerants since 2001 and never had a failure nor any other trouble with using them.

Isn't the connection at the vacuum pump the same? I would assume that it is.

Otherwise, Amazon has this. Would this work? Also, how are you recovering the freon? 1234yf is very flammable, I hope you aren't just venting it.

From what my research shows the, connection to the vacuum pump is not the same on these new gauge and hose sets, however my urgency is eliminated after being able to move the compressor out of the way without having to disconnect any hoses or lines. I did find conversions for $60 like: https://www.jbtoolsales.com/fjc-6820-r1234yf-conversion-kit-with-manual-couplers/ Guess I'll take my chances venting if I have to. At least I'll be outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back