ENOES Racing Street 0W-20

I like what I see except for the related super high viscosity index, low viscosity base oil mixture, and somewhat high volatility. Thank you for the VOA!

Originally Posted by dailydriver
It actually states 239 for the V.I., which totally eclipses their own Sustina 0W-20's V.I. number!

I used Sustina 0W20 for a while. It gave better performance than other oils, with little MPG improvement. It was the slickest thing I have ever run through my fingers.

I have also used Ravenol EFE 0W16 in a hybrid...love that oil. dailydriver, I think we can agree that the best Ravenol oils are flipping expensive, but top notch.

No longer am I a fan of Japanese style motor oil, even the hot trending Idemitsu Zepro.

I agree with JAG. Eneos must be using W BASE base oil and a large dose of "star" polymers. No thank you.

Originally Posted by josephp732
Yes, 100% true - generally it is only a concern in turbo DI engine and carbon deposits on the valves are the bigger issue in these DI engines. I am just being a bit extra cautious as I tow at the max load with a lot of low speed take-offs in city driving and this engine does have a little bit higher 11.5:1 compression ratio.

Lubrizol Guy, in the recently linked podcast, stated that LSPI odds are greatly reduced to the point of rarest incidence, merely by making sure to use D1G2 oil. Don't tell them about the Veloster Turbos !

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
dailydriver, I think we can agree that the best Ravenol oils are flipping expensive, but top notch.

Actually, when one buys from Blauparts exclusively on their holiday sales (at least a 15% discount, and free shipping over $99.00 BEFORE the discount is applied), they are one of the least costly 'boutique' oils out there, and about the same same cost as the on the shelf oils everywhere except at China Mart.
wink.gif

I have their (newly released here in the states) DFE 0W-20 all ready and waiting for the winter OCI this year!

This would be my favorite 0W-20 if it wasn't so bloody expensive.
If it was a buck or two more than the similarly formulated TGMO 0W-20 I'd buy it but not at THREE TIMES THE PRICE in Canada.
It costs even more than Red Line's most expensive Powersport oils that are PAO/POE based.

A few comments on this oil.
Comparing the VOA to the PDS you can see that it's under additized which is not uncommon with many oils including Eneos's Sustina brand.
So with an actual KV100 of 7.08 cSt vs the PDS 7.3 cSt we know the HTHSV won't be 2.7cP but by my estimation 2.63-2.65cP.
Also the VI won't be 239 but I figure around 233 which is higher than any other oil but still not 239 which narrows the real difference to TGMO's 227 VI.

The high AW levels are great but only 10% higher than TGMO.
Being a race oriented oil, the 6.3 TBN is on the low side and therefore not a long OCI oil vs 10.3 for TGMO. Not that I care but some might.

If one does want a higher HTHSV rated 0W-20 one good and cost effective way to do it is to buy a quart of RL's new Powersports 0W-40 (VI 221.5) and add 5-10% to your 0W-20. It would only marginally lower the VI and significantly raise the ZDDP level around 100 ppm plus add a bit of highly polar polyol ester.

I just sent in a ENOES Racing Street 0W-20 virgin oil sample in for testing. I wanted to open up a thread so someone else didn't also pay for a test. Results should be back in two weeks. This is going into my 2018 Titan XD 5.6L and I will follow-up with a UOA sample in 5,000 miles. I found it interesting the bottle is a trademarked design from Yamaha.

View attachment 14325

View attachment 14326
Did you ever get your VOA results back? If so I would love to see it.

If one does want a higher HTHSV rated 0W-20 one good and cost effective way to do it is to buy a quart of RL's new Powersports 0W-40 (VI 221.5) and add 5-10% to your 0W-20. It would only marginally lower the VI and significantly raise the ZDDP level around 100 ppm plus add a bit of highly polar polyol ester.
Wouldn’t using a quart of RL 0W-20 achieve most of that as well?

Back