Should I be worried about these sidewall ripples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are Dunlop Signature II tires purchased from Tirebuyer.com. They were new in Dec 2017. Still have a lot of tread on the tires and a couple of them have this warping on the sidewall. Should I worry about this? Pursue warranty replacement? I bet tire companies don't jock you around for warranty since you're gambling with people's lives.

[Linked Image]

I had some similar stuff on my General tires and asked their customer service. I was told is normal but where willing to do an exchange if I was not happy. Never did anything and 5 years later they still fine!

Very common in Goodyear tires, which is what those are.
I have a feeling those are very closely made like the Goodyear Viva 3's.

If that were an OE tire it would have an appearance critical callout and that would be unacceptable as customers can see something unusual stands out. May not be a functional problem but for a large tire company to pass that and say it is ok and sell as prime product would make me question what other shortcuts might they be making. I had a set on my Grand Marquis that came on it when I bought the car. They were ok but definitely not my first choice.

its not a safety issue however most will warranty for it if you push a little.

When I worked at a tire shop, sometimes customers would return and want new tires when they saw this. I would explain what it was and why it was there and then tell them to google 'Tire Undulations'. They never came back.

The girlfriend's new Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring we just put on her Lexus NX have this on all 4. She absolutely hates how it looks but it's "normal" according to the tire shop. I'm in the dog house for recommending the tires over the Michelins the dealer wanted to put on and now she is convinced I had her put a "cheap knock off" tire on her Lexus.

Originally Posted by ECUpirate
I'm in the dog house for recommending the tires over the Michelins the dealer wanted to put on and now she is convinced I had her put a "cheap knock off" tire on her Lexus.
She sounds fun....

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by ECUpirate
I'm in the dog house for recommending the tires over the Michelins the dealer wanted to put on and now she is convinced I had her put a "cheap knock off" tire on her Lexus.
She sounds fun....

Oh, she is..... Hence, she's still the girlfriend. High maintenance but makes up for it. You just have to choose your battles and I agree the tires look ghetto
lol.gif

I've seen these dips only with Sava tyres lately, which are, coincidentally, Goodyear owned.

Never had a problem, but it does not look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back