How old are these frams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

They're basically new. I bought a bunch of those on Rock Auto and am currently using one on my Camaro in my signature. They are just the jobber version of the Ultra.

How much money could there possibly be in counterfeiting run-of-the-mill oil filters AND their boxes?

I could see placing white overlay stickers featuring a "better brand" onto cheap white jobber's filters.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
[Linked Image]

It's overstock or outdated stock from a shop. It's basically the jober version of the fram ultra. Built inside the same way and has the same silly combo leaf spring/bypass valve gadget.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Built inside the same way and has the same silly combo leaf spring/bypass valve gadget.

Sounds like a recurring bash statement you keep making.

Even though it's just an Ultra, I like the color. Before being properly educated by BITOG, it would have made the filter more appealing. Fram should go with this design across the board IMO.

Originally Posted by Garak
Personally, I think these look better than the consumer grade Ultras.

I agree, too bad Rock only has one that might fit but it lacks a bypass valve... so it's a real full flow filter.

Maybe you can find a correct one on eBay. I'm no big eBay guy, but some here have had luck getting this through there. Obviously, you'd wind up with more than one or two, I should think.

Originally Posted by Garak
Maybe you can find a correct one on eBay. I'm no big eBay guy, but some here have had luck getting this through there. Obviously, you'd wind up with more than one or two, I should think.

I looked on fleabay... $12 cad per filter but $25 shipping... blows up the deal.

Crumbs...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back