3. Red Bull, 169
4. McLaren, 52
5. Renault, 32
6. Alfa Romeo Racing, 22
7. Racing Point, 19
8. Toro Rosso, 17
9. Haas, 16
10. Williams, 0

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

[Linked Image]

One thing all of the teams will experience for the first time is a brand new surface. Silverstone's Tarmac has been completely re-laid since last year, in fact it's only just been finished and no one has raced on it yet.

Silverstone track re-laid

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Anyone but Hamilton or Vettel.

I'd prefer a Vettel win and a Hamilton DNF, for like the rest of the season. I'm not laying a bet on that, though, to say the least.

The dicing between Leclerc and Verstappen was the best stuff in the race.
Lewis inherited the race lead from a lucky Safety Car period. Bottas was leading, then pitted, and the caution came out a few laps later.
But Lewis probably couldn't have been beaten anyway. He set the fastest lap of the race on the last lap on 30-lap-old hard tires. That's amazing.

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else have an inkling that Lewis, and Vettel too for that matter, are getting just a little bored with it all? As in ready to quit.

Originally Posted by DeepFriar
Maybe it's just me but does anyone else have an inkling that Lewis, and Vettel too for that matter, are getting just a little bored with it all? As in ready to quit.

I don't see Lewis getting bored with winning. He's got more records to chase: Schumi's 7 championships and 91 wins.
Vettel is making too many mistakes, probably from frustration. If things don't get better at Ferrari, I can see him being shown the door.

I think Vettel more so than Hamilton, even. Between strategy disasters and only being able to make a decent car on even numbered years as of late, Vettel is frustrated. He's now married with a family, and certainly set financially. I don't see him as someone who must be at the paddock all the time from now until he dies (i.e. Sir Jackie, I'm looking at you), and the same goes for Lewis.

A_Harman: They still don't have a suitable replacement. Nonetheless, he may be looking for the door himself if things don't improve. Between sporadic success with car development, disorganised management, and consistently questionable team strategy, it must be frustrating for him, and the way he chooses words lately makes me wonder. The first question mark is if he'll stick it out until 2021 with the new regulations. If he does, and finds that Ferrari has produced a turd (unless it's the fastest turd), I'd wager it being his last year on the grid.

He did finish behind both Williams drivers.
wink.gif

If Vettel joined Williams and if Williams were at the top of the grid, I'd be in heaven. My favourite team matched with my favourite driver, all at the top of the grid would be great!

Anyone read about the Rich Energy fiasco with Haas leading up to the race? You can tell that Gunther Steiner learned a lot by dealing with Bernie over the years - primarily to believe none of what you hear and half of what you see and to not jump at trollish remarks. He was the only one involved who didn't look like a complete idiot.

I think the Rich Energy thing is absolutely hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Haas fan, but whatever made them thing a company that no-one heard of dropping millions for naming rights was a good idea probably owns a bunch of beachfront property in Montana.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

I don't see Lewis getting bored with winning. He's got more records to chase: Schumi's 7 championships and 91 wins.
Vettel is making too many mistakes, probably from frustration. If things don't get better at Ferrari, I can see him being shown the door.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the question...rightly or wrongly, I think Lewis felt that a LOT of people were rooting for him to fail when he started out.
I definitely see him as wanting to wave the records in people's faces and ask them if they still don't believe in him when he's all done...we'll see if he gets there with the records.
I can't say I exactly like him, but you're not paying attention if you don't respect him.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by A_Harman

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the question...rightly or wrongly, I think Lewis felt that a LOT of people were rooting for him to fail when he started out.
I definitely see him as wanting to wave the records in people's faces and ask them if they still don't believe in him when he's all done...we'll see if he gets there with the records.
I can't say I exactly like him, but you're not paying attention if you don't respect him.

If I were Lewis I would keep driving as long as I kept winning just to prove people wrong.

Amazing that Lewis got the fastest lap on 30 lap old hard tires beating out Bottas who was able to have a few attempts on softs. I was worried he would do a Vettel but he was in complete control.

This video is also amazing. What a nice man Frank Williams is and the respect he has for Lewis really says something about how he sees Lewis' place in the history of the sport.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
This video is also amazing. What a nice man Frank Williams is and the respect he has for Lewis really says something about how he sees Lewis' place in the history of the sport.
The comments Frank said to Lewis, he really does respect him. One was that that ride will be something he'll not forget for a long time.

You had to laugh out loud at the beginning where Claire (??) joked with Lewis about joining Williams and how he must be tired of winning !!

I do have to wonder, what would Lewis do in Williams' current cars ? It's obviously a combination of the cars and the drivers and Mercedes/Hamilton/Bottas are a great mix. At least Russell and Kubica didn't come in last (again)....
wink.gif

I suspect Lewis in a Williams would beat the current Williams competition, at least for now. As much as it pains me to say it, Hamilton is no Alonso. Alonso could really wring a lot out of a garbage car and really clobber a team mate in qualification by demoralizing margins. Of course, Alonso made sure we all knew that. I have no doubt Lewis can handle some adversity, but I think his performance would suffer if he were stuck with Alonso's luck for the same duration. Lewis would probably pass the time until he found something else or retired, but would still do a capable job. He'd have his "bad weekends" on a far more regular basis but still be a reliable hand. We all know what Alonso was doing in his last year. He'd sparkle in qualifying, and then when he finds out he's out of the points and has no hope of getting into them, finds a way to retire the car.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Amazing that Lewis got the fastest lap on 30 lap old hard tires beating out Bottas who was able to have a few attempts on softs. I was worried he would do a Vettel but he was in complete control.

I bet that hopped up AMG feels like a total dog to a guy used to driving an F1 car...

I felt like Mr. Williams gamely put a smile on his face but was thinking, "GOD that hurts!" when he was getting buffeted around in the car a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back