How often have you moved as an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading a post where a woman said she has moved 15 times in 16 years. It blew my mind. In my 40 years since hitting adulthood I have only moved once.

How about you guys?

Half dozen times - but feel like I live in hotels almost half the time …

When does adulthood start?

When I was almost 19 I moved into the dorm and then spent college moving around. I count at least 6 times in college, not counting the last move out. True moves where the majority of my stuff was moving. Once out, over the last 19.5 years, I've moved 3 times and about to move a fourth.

When I bought my house I moved ten miles and 3 zip codes. Rather impressive for an area with 1,800 residents. Edit: meant to say, same town, I simply moved from the north to the south.

I'm 42 so I guess in 24 years I've moved almost 10 times, but this last stay was 14.5 years.

I've helped my parents move twice; does that count for anything?
lol.gif

Last edited:
After graduation, I've owned 2 houses in FL, and rented a condo and now a part time rental up North So I guess not too much

Only one house since leaving home 5 miles away. By coincidence, I'm less than 2 miles from where my ancestor settled around 1630.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by ZZman
I was reading a post where a woman said she has moved 15 times in 16 years. It blew my mind. In my 40 years since hitting adulthood I have only moved once.

How about you guys?

3 times.
The first two were locations inside Detroit that eventually turned into desolate ghetto. The 2nd location was a home purchase and I cried like a little kid at the age of 33, when I closed that front door for the last time, to bolt into no crime - no renters suburbia. The home I left in Detroit was gorgeous and very well laid-out. Stained glass - oak wood - fireplace - dining room - walk-in pantry - double lot - brick colonial style.

The low-lifes burned it down about 10 years later. Burning down a brick home is not that easy. They managed to do it in under a half-hour. It stood for over 60 years.

1) The house I was born in
2) The house I grew up in
3) The first appt with my wife
4) Our first house
5) Our second house(in it 36 yrs)
And we've had vacation homes in FL but, we didn't move there.

Too much.

Grew up in one.

7 places in college.

15 places in between.

2 places with current spouse.

Should be in this house another 4 years or so.

Not counting college I have lived in seven different homes over 30 years. The first four were rentals. We've been in our current home for 14 years and the only way I plan to ever move again is if we strike oil and move to Beverly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back