Is there anything wrong with these shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch slickdeals and buy a pair of Reebok trainers anytime they are $20-$25.

They have always been comfortable and cheap enough to throw them out every few months.

I walk about five miles a day in a hospital so I trash my shoes.

If I need to get dressier, I wear a pair of Rockports, I think they are owned by Reebok and equally as comfortable.

Never had a pair of Nike's I liked wearing. Some new balances were OK but hit and miss. Adidas was terrible every time.

I don't even look at the styling, I just buy whatever shows up on slickdeals.

Originally Posted by JustinH
I watch slickdeals and buy a pair of Reebok trainers anytime they are $20-$25.

They have always been comfortable and cheap enough to throw them out every few months.

I walk about five miles a day in a hospital so I trash my shoes.

I walk 10 miles per day and my New Balance MW576BKs last me almost nine months.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Nike shoes suck. They're super uncomfortable and hurt my feet. No support whatsoever.

...and this isn't even the worst thing about them...

Used to love Nike running shoes, they were narrow and fit my feet. I think they stopped fitting me, they went wider or something. These days I buy cheapo stuff from Walmart, they can fit my feet as poorly as anything else--my foot size is like 9.5B, anything that keeps my toes from hitting the end of the shoe has my feet swimming around in them.

My kids have been picky eaters but haven't been too picky otherwise. But since the oldest just turned 14 I'm guessing the battles are around the corner...

Originally Posted by supton
Used to love Nike running shoes, they were narrow and fit my feet. I think they stopped fitting me, they went wider or something. These days I buy cheapo stuff from Walmart, they can fit my feet as poorly as anything else--my foot size is like 9.5B, anything that keeps my toes from hitting the end of the shoe has my feet swimming around in them.

Supton, New Balance makes at least a few of their running shoes in narrow widths. They might be worth checking out, but they won't have Walmart prices.

Originally Posted by Rhymingmechanic
Originally Posted by supton

Supton, New Balance makes at least a few of their running shoes in narrow widths. They might be worth checking out, but they won't have Walmart prices.

I used to wear New Balance, the guy at PT said what kind to get. Seemed to work well. They stopped making whatever p/n it was and then life moved on, and I've forgotten what I was supposed to buy.

My problem is, I'm not supposed to wear sneakers to work; I don't run or jog, so I really don't need sneakers. I need dress shoes, hiking boots, work boots, snow boots. Sneakers would be nice but then I have a rather full closet! I usually default to a set of hiking boots that don't fit but won't cause blisters for short walks under a few miles. Low tops as high tops fit worse.

When it comes to hiking,looks mean NOTHING. You want protection and comfort. The trees and wildlife aren't going to laugh at your shoes. And you will be miserable and won't enjoy your hike if your feet are killing you.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
When it comes to hiking,looks mean NOTHING. You want protection and comfort. The trees and wildlife aren't going to laugh at your shoes. And you will be miserable and won't enjoy your hike if your feet are killing you.

But that's the polar opposite of how kids think... Style is everything, protection and comfort are a distant 2nd and 3rd. Actually they're probably ranked lower behind price to be honest..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back