Anyone know the name or number of this hose?

98 Expedition 5.4. The hose that connects to this pipe is hard and cracked. I need to replace. Anyone know the part name and/or number?
It is the shorter hose closest to the front of the vehicle
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks again to bdcardinal, he's a great asset on this group. HOWEVER, if you live too far away from a Ford dealership, or if your nearest Ford dealership has closed, like mine has, this hose is available from RockAuto.
Enter your vehicle type and year and enter "dpfe" in the search box and some suggestions will come up.
P.S. My local Ford dealer that closed was called Boss Motors. Was that a great name for a Ford dealership or what?
thumbsup2.gif

How prone is the restrictor inside that large pipe (it's between the two smaller nipples) to getting blocked with carbon?

DPFE = differential pressure feedback sensor
When this restrictor inside the large pipe gets plugged, it can trigger a P1401

I want to take advantage of the pictures in this thread, hence the "17 month" resurrection.

Regarding the EGR pipe on my 4.0l V6. Yes, it's a different engine but the parts involved are so similar.

My EGR pipe has a loose, braided wrap on it's upper half. It's gotta be an asbestos substitute.

The wrap is unravelling, doesn't hug the pipe and is sloppy looking.

Should the wrap be restored? Should it be more complete by going down to the exhaust manifold?

There's woven banding which is used on exhaust systems which is held in place with thin metal tie wraps.

Back