Finally did it. 2017 3500HD Gasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BigD1
Nice truck. Found the Chevrolet information sheet for your truck.

https://media.gm.com/content/media/...rolet-Silverado-3500HD-Product-Facts.pdf

Thanks. That is a good read. Still trying to figure all the features out. My old truck had a radio and cruise control..

The back up camera is gold. Hooked up to the trailer tonight to adjust hitch height (not needed). The Camera is worth the truck payment.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Rand
The best part is the front grill doesnt have the super goofy

C H E V R O L E T across it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

It's the square wheel wells that do it for me. Someone mentioned them in a thread on here and now I can't unsee them.

Nice truck, 6.0 is legendary as I'm sure you know by now.

Originally Posted by Rand
The best part is the front grill doesnt have the super goofy

C H E V R O L E T across it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Looks pretty bad a** to me! I love it.

[Linked Image]

Check the refrigerant sticker under the hood. I am pretty certain that the 2500's and 3500's use R134a.

Nice truck! These run forever!

Originally Posted by zfasts03
Check the refrigerant sticker under the hood. I am pretty certain that the 2500's and 3500's use R134a.

Nice truck! These run forever!

It is.
smile.gif

Nice. I know you have been thinking about it for a while. I hope it works out well for you.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Originally Posted by Chris142
Tons of ac condenser failures on those and its a huge job to replace it. It also uses the new r1234 refrigerant thats beyond expensive.

Someone has to come along and rain on a parade.

Nice truck

Rod

LOL Thanks Rod,

I knew about the problem when I bought it. My sister in law is a Service writer at a Chevy dealership. It ok.
smile.gif
I am happy.

That's good news. Didn't mean to rain on the parade. Its just that we have been seeing many of those condenser failures. The chinese replacement is an upgrade!

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Tons of ac condenser failures on those and its a huge job to replace it. It also uses the new r1234 refrigerant thats beyond expensive.

Someone has to come along and rain on a parade.

Nice truck

Rod

LOL Thanks Rod,

I knew about the problem when I bought it. My sister in law is a Service writer at a Chevy dealership. It ok.
smile.gif
I am happy.

That's good news. Didn't mean to rain on the parade. Its just that we have been seeing many of those condenser failures. The chinese replacement is an upgrade!

I knew you meant well man. If it breaks it breaks. It has 2 mores years of warranty.
smile.gif
Right now I can't wait to two with it. I know it won't be a huge difference, but I can already tell it will be better and it is so comfortable compared to the old truck. Feel much more solid running down the road too. I just don't need (and wasn't really ready) for the Diesel. 10 to 12 years out of this one. I will be about 56 and it will be time to buy my retirement diesel.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Don't forget to update your signature Mike.
smile.gif

I'm on it! Thanks!

Originally Posted by 14Accent
How are the RPM's with 4.10's and the 6 speed? The 6.0 is a great engine, I assume you didn't need all the power of the Duramax?

60 MPH is right around 1750 rpm
70 is 2000 rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back