Honda HRX217VKA deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I spent quite a bit of time researching self-propelled 21 inch lawnmowers recently and was pretty set on one of the Honda HRR216K series which came with the Honda GCV 160 engine, standard 8 inch wheels, and a pretty basic rear wheel drive system and the dual blades. I found the best price in town to be $379 at Northern Tool and Equipment. When I went to look they were fresh out of new in box ones and instead offered me the now discontinued/updated display model HRX217VKA with the variable speed drive, bigger GCV190 engine, Versamow system, and the Xenoy deck on clearance for $539.10. That was a little more than I wanted to spend and I was just going to keep looking. The manager offered me the display model for 1/2 of the clearance price so $270 out the door. Granted this is the "old one" because they now call it a Nexite deck and they now use the GCV200 but I'd say I still fared pretty well!

You flat-out Stole that one!

Mine is on it's 5th season (I believe) and gets used several times daily.
Great mower, Honda reliability, and that engine has plenty of power.
Even if you side-discharge, with the twin blades the clippings are much smaller than a standard mower's output.

Last edited:
got that EXACT same mower last year....but not at that killer price!!!! SCORE!!!! That mower simply rocks. Love it.

I used it last night and I'm pretty impressed with it. Cut very nicely and had plenty of power and was very comfortable to use. Very easy to start. I did not expect to find that kind of deal at all so I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't sure how I felt about the deck material but after some reading up on it I have faith in it's durability. I expect it will give me many years of good service.

Originally Posted by fisher83
I wasn't sure how I felt about the deck material but after some reading up on it I have faith in it's durability. I expect it will give me many years of good service.

Honda gives a lifetime warranty on the Deck, and believe me - mine has been over all kinds of terrain and obstacles.
No issues at all, and guaranteed not to rust. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back