What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this that I have outlined in black (and apologies for the stupid photobucket watermark--I could not find a clean copy)? Is it an inline roller skate wheel? I am building a wet tumbler and this looks like a fairly beefy wheel to stop the container from walking.

Thanks in advance!

[Linked Image]

Looks like an industrial version of a skateboard wheel.
Remember, there are innumerable choices for this type of thing at McMaster Carr. You might want to check them out.

Also, their website is fantastic.
cheers3.gif

Is this a picture of a DIY project? Could be anything, but yeah a round rubber or polyurethane, that can rotate, or a static low friction teflon/etc bumper wheel.

It wouldn't need to be done like that. You could make an end-cap/guide/whatever out of teflon, or another low abrasive material... can't see the other end, which would presumably need something similar.

You could even put another end cap there, and a little lube on the contact area.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
this looks like a fairly beefy wheel to stop the container from walking

Yes....that is correct

Originally Posted by Imp4
Looks like an industrial version of a skateboard wheel.
After surfing a bit on eBay, I think it is a skateboard wheel. Thanks for the tip; they are cheap in sets of 4 and I need two so I will have two spares.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
this looks like a fairly beefy wheel to stop the container from walking
Yes....that is correct
I should have worded it differently; it is a wheel to stop the container from walking, but it was the beefy part on which I meant to focus.

Originally Posted by P10crew
I wonder how good a pickle jar would work?
Lol
I guess it depends on how much brass and how large the brass is. Most everyone who builds one uses 6" or 8" PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a 6"x4" or 8"x4" reducer with a rubber end cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back